625 - skipped by priority - wtf?

scooby2

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 25, 2005
Chicago, IL
New to Dish as of 11 days ago and things were great until the 625 missed a recording last night. I have turned buffers off completely so I know thats not an issue. I set a timer to record a show from 8:30pm - 9pm on tuner 2. My wife set a show to record one time last night from 8:00pm - 9pm and going into the program in schedule shows it should have used tuner 1. However, it skipped the 8:00pm - 9:00pm show and says skipped by priority. It looks like it tried to record on tuner2 but couldnt because of the previously set name based timer. Tuner1 was idle all night.

What the heck do I do to prevent this from happening. The wife just about took my head off when I got in the door tonight.:)

My 522 has started doing this since the last software update. If someone tries to set a timer from tuner 2 that is the same time as something already set, it will say skipped by priority even though one of the tuners is available. I just make sure all timers are set from tuner 1 right now which is very inconvenient.

That must be it. She does not remember where she set it to record but I bet she did it in the bedroom (2nd tuner).

Thanks!

my 522 just started acting screwey, wonder if this is the cause.

odd my wife asked at bedtime what changed?

again thinking of SA tivos

scooby2 said:
What the heck do I do to prevent this from happening. The wife just about took my head off when I got in the door tonight.

Besides going into your daily schedule daily to see if there are any conflicts, you can also put the receiver into single mode and this shouldn't happen in single mode (if that's an option for you). Also have your wife try some Prozac, this way she won't take your head off for something so trivial. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)