64 bit systems and Abobe Flash - NOT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
So, I decide to upgrade one of my machines and get a nice new 64 bit laptop.

Only problem is it starts crashing after I load in my "stuff"

Come to find out, Adobe Flash will only operate on 32 bit systems. Their sites says they are working on a 64 bit version..

Hard to believe since 64 bit has been out there a long time.

If you need to use Adobe Flash, you have to stick with a 32 bit machine or run the 32 bit version of explorer.

not sure where you got your information as I'm running Flash on Vista64

EDIT: Ah!, it appears there is no flash for the 64bit version of IE...the solution, install the 32bit IE(which i would have noticed if i read your whole post)....or Firefox

Last edited:
So, I decide to upgrade one of my machines and get a nice new 64 bit laptop.

Only problem is it starts crashing after I load in my "stuff"

Come to find out, Adobe Flash will only operate on 32 bit systems. Their sites says they are working on a 64 bit version..

Hard to believe since 64 bit has been out there a long time.

If you need to use Adobe Flash, you have to stick with a 32 bit machine or run the 32 bit version of explorer.

Yep, ran into the same thing. I run the 64bit version of FireFox and love it. But no flash...oh well. I just don't go to sites that need flash.

You don't need to install the 32-bit version of IE, the 64-bit versions of Windows have both versions installed by default.

Kinda strange that Adobe Labs has a 64-bit version of the Flash player for Linux, but not for Windows.

Is it really a huge problem to not be able to run a 64-bit version of your browser? I mean, even after many days of running without restarting, I've only seen my browser exceed 1GB in size maybe once or twice in several years. What exactly did you think the advantage of a 64-bit browser was?

Additionally, Adobe keeps posting on their web site that a 64-bit Flash in "in the making" and there will be 64-bit support in the "next" edition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)