65W and 78W Cband

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
How far north does anyone get these two birds? I've tried in Ohio but never picked up anything. I realize you can probably get them in Florida I guess...Just curious.

I haven't tried recently, but as of 2 weeks ago I could get them in Utah close to SLC using an Openbox S9 with a 10' BUD.

Thanks Fat Air I've never had luck with either one but thought I'd try just to see...maybe I'll try the Tp on 78W...Thanks guys

I'm in central Virginia and I can get 78w. Never tried 65w as there's really nothing on either of them that I want to watch. Just checked and 78w and on 3885 V 23000 I've got 87% S and 72% Q on that TP. Only got 6 channels that are ITC and 3 of those have Chavez on state run TV giving one of his marathon speeches.

Frijid said:
I haven't tried recently, but as of 2 weeks ago I could get them in Utah close to SLC using an Openbox S9 with a 10' BUD.

Correction: haven't ever been able to get 65W. Was thinking 61W.

I still can get 78W.

I had never tried this sat on C band before. Just did and I get the 3885/V/23000 on the 6 footer but weak and picture
breaks up. Dish may need tweaked. Have not touched it since El Drecho took down my Amateur radio tower on
6/29/12. Been busy putting up a new tower and antennas since and very little time on FTA.

I locked 3885 V 23000 SR C-Band @ 78.0°W last night on my WSI 6ft special with 49° to 52° quality here in Massachusetts, and picture was stable. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)