$69.99 Special Dish and Powermax PMA24 Actuator Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Can someone with the $69.99 Special dish and a Powermax PMA24 Actuator be kind enough to share the ideal or average clamping dimentions of the arm shaft into the holding bracket. I am still experimenting with this dimention and I am not quite happy with my results of shaft travel for the dish.

Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

avenger

This is what I do......
With the Actuator loosely in the clamp but the end not connected to the Dish, retract completely, and the drive out about 1 inch.
Connect End to Dish
Slide the Actuator in the clamp, up to your lowest Sat you can (or want) to get.
Tighten Clamp.
Drive Dish up, watching that is does not bind on anything.
Done.

Keep in mind that Actuators are not Horizon-To-Horizon, so don't expect to get the full Arc.
Your mileage may vary.

Avenger, maybe post a picture. I seem to remember a few having a "time" getting the actuator in the "right" position.

Avenger, maybe post a picture. I seem to remember a few having a "time" getting the actuator in the "right" position.

I would post a picture , but I do not know how to do that on this forum. Somewhere I saw a thread that mentioned the method on downloading pictures to the forum, looked and have not found it yet. Will keep on looking, as soon as I find it, pictures will be posted.

Click on "Go Advanced" button. Then on the page that opens, scroll down to "Manage Attachments" button. Then "Add Files" in the attachment manager window that opens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)