6ft vs 8ft dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Hey guys I've been using a Wsi special for over a year and someone is giving me a 8ft mesh. Is it worth the effort to switch it out. I've got some dvb s2 with the six already such as the cw on 89 west and the rtv on 87. I havnt got the lorac channels on 101. Will this dish help?

stogie5150 said:
Absolutely YES! Long as the 8 footer is in good shape, you WILL notice a difference.

Yep like stogie said....going from six to eight, will make an obvious difference.

Sent from my Rooted Kindle Fire using SatelliteGuys

i have an 8' solid dish and 6' solid. the 8' is better. but i have read somewhere that an 8' solid works as well as a 10' mesh. so an 8' mesh might not have much increased sensitivity over a 6' solid. charlie

Hmm well my main problem is the 6 footer I have isn't made that well and has alot of play in it. At the least the mesh dish is of higher quality I hope

My 6' dish is coming down also. Just not good enough dish. And I have a 10' mesh that I can put together and replace it with. :)

If you have the room to have both dishes up then you can compare them and let us know how much difference in reception. ;)

heck ya if anything you can turn the 6 footer into a ku dish or whatever. Point it at 40.5 with a circ lnb and see what you get with the 6. I was going to park my 6 footer at a sat past the edge of my range like at 40.5 or 135. Probably 40.5

Chaskuchar!
You read my thoughts!
I was wonder if waiting for my solid 6 footer ( shall arrive next week) or install an 8 foot mesh that I can get for free. Now I dont have any doubt that I will wait for the solid 6'. Need to eliminate so many dishes and leave a solid one that will do Ku&C!
Thanks again

Went and got it and it's a 10 footer

Attachments

• image-1885849911.jpg
    image-1885849911.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 116
Sami makes it and it has one tear spot in the mesh near the end. What I like is the mount is solid. Dee don't you have a 10 foot mesh made by Sami?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)