6x BD-Rs Go On Sale In America

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
6x BD-Rs Go On Sale In America | Format War Central

Imation is bringing 6x BD-R’s to America, a first for the format in the United States. A single layer disc will cost the consumer $13.99 while a dual layer (50GB) will cost $32.99. The disks are able to record 25GB’s of content in approximately 17 minutes, a estimated 6 minutes faster then it’s 4x predecessor.
Now if only the BD burners prices would drop as fast as the media.

Nah, I missed the CDR revolution until it got cheap, but got on DVDR pretty early. They didnt start out too cheap. I just bought a new External DVDR from LG. I think Itll be awhile before I need any sort of BR burner.

Teachsac, you or Dfergie might know this:

My Canon digital camera records very good video to MVI. How can I convert those videos to a DVD and play them in the BD30? What format do I need to get them in?

aaarrrggghhh!!!! Timed out again. I've used Windows Movie Maker to make some DVD-r's from video recorders that have played in the 30. It's pretty simple to use. My next project is to start making some movies for the family when I return home Saturday.

S~

Yeah, I tried Nero a couple of ways. I think the answer is Windows Movie Maker. It takes most formats and converts them into DVD Video, which is what I need. Im gonna try outting one of my racing vids on dvd tomorrow and see if itll play that way.

Whew. Finally made it home. I've got a bunch of videos to edit. I have Roxio. I might try both to see which is easier.

S~

I have Nero 7. Its pretty easy, I actually used Windows Movie to put the clips together and add the breaks in between. I then used Nero to burn it to DVD as a DVD Video file so the BD30 would play it.

I have Nero 8 but no burner.

The LG burner/HD DVD reader is on sale at Fry's this weekend. It does 6x, so this media would be perfect for it.

I have the matsushita burner . Burns BD's, DVD's, and CD's. I've been looking into a BD camcorder. Wish I would have had it this week.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)