6x BD-Rs Go On Sale In America

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
6x BD-Rs Go On Sale In America | Format War Central

Imation is bringing 6x BD-R’s to America, a first for the format in the United States. A single layer disc will cost the consumer $13.99 while a dual layer (50GB) will cost $32.99. The disks are able to record 25GB’s of content in approximately 17 minutes, a estimated 6 minutes faster then it’s 4x predecessor.
Now if only the BD burners prices would drop as fast as the media.

Nah, I missed the CDR revolution until it got cheap, but got on DVDR pretty early. They didnt start out too cheap. I just bought a new External DVDR from LG. I think Itll be awhile before I need any sort of BR burner.

Teachsac, you or Dfergie might know this:

My Canon digital camera records very good video to MVI. How can I convert those videos to a DVD and play them in the BD30? What format do I need to get them in?

aaarrrggghhh!!!! Timed out again. I've used Windows Movie Maker to make some DVD-r's from video recorders that have played in the 30. It's pretty simple to use. My next project is to start making some movies for the family when I return home Saturday.

S~

Yeah, I tried Nero a couple of ways. I think the answer is Windows Movie Maker. It takes most formats and converts them into DVD Video, which is what I need. Im gonna try outting one of my racing vids on dvd tomorrow and see if itll play that way.

Whew. Finally made it home. I've got a bunch of videos to edit. I have Roxio. I might try both to see which is easier.

S~

I have Nero 7. Its pretty easy, I actually used Windows Movie to put the clips together and add the breaks in between. I then used Nero to burn it to DVD as a DVD Video file so the BD30 would play it.

I have Nero 8 but no burner.

The LG burner/HD DVD reader is on sale at Fry's this weekend. It does 6x, so this media would be perfect for it.

I have the matsushita burner . Burns BD's, DVD's, and CD's. I've been looking into a BD camcorder. Wish I would have had it this week.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts