7/8/2009 11:19am - Uplink Activity Report - 34 changes

Bobby H, KSWO and the others (which comprise Drewry Communications) have been bandied around so many times in the uplink reports that it ain't funny.

Other stations in their group include KFDA Amarillo and KXXV Waco.

OK, now I am confused. Why would TVOne be uplinked to 118? I have wanted TVOne for a while, but it makes no sense to uplink it for a more limited audience.

Judging from the sat and assigned channel number, this is probably a foreign channel with the same name.
I found a google result for a TV One from Pakistan.

Last edited:
I am curious about TV ONE also. I have been asking for that channel since it formed.
I hope TVOne indicates some sort of broader agreement with Comcast. There's a whole suite of Comcast HD channels not yet available on Dish, like E!, G4 and even TvOne.

On 118, I am guessing that this particular TV ONE is a foreign broadcaster, not something owned by Comcast.

Good grief, people. TV One is a channel that competes with BET.

Anyone notice that Bend, OR actually got a HD PBS? This is a town with less than 100k.

Yet quite a few larger metros are left holding the bag. Dish does some strange things.

Well guess what. MSNBC-HD is showing up as not available for me in my Gold+HD subscription, just like FX-HD. I never bothered to get that one turned on, or I should say I tried but I got a CSR who was more flamingly incompetent than anyone I've ever talked to, so since I never watch it I didn't bother.

Which way again are we supposed to contact them to get someone with a clue?

Anyone notice that Bend, OR actually got a HD PBS? This is a town with less than 100k.

Yet quite a few larger metros are left holding the bag. Dish does some strange things.

According to the uplink report - the PBS station is SD. And BET is very different from TVOne. BET is a very urban/hip channel, TVOne appeals to a wider African-American audience.

I spoke to Dish Network today and they're telling me that MSNBC HD should be available at 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time to anyone in HD Silver or above. We'll see. '

This is a town with less than 100k.
This SD station is Deschutes County's (population ~ 160,000) first LIL channel of any kind from either satellite provider.

I see it as a good thing that DISH is closing in on 100% LIL coverage as the gubmint will feel less compelled to mandate it if they are so close to having it done.

Because 118W is the new single-dish location for international channel subscribers who have poor visibility of 61.5W.

I thought TVOne was the general interest African American channel; I did not realize there was a Pakistani channel with the same name. It makes more sense now, I would have expected the general interest channel to be on 110 or 119.

Marquette, MI locals went up minus a couple
WJMN CBS (satellite of the Green Bay station)
WBKP CW+ use to be a satellite of ABC but they split it off. Technically it DOES qualify for must carry....very odd that the ABC didnt try to bundle both

No Fox in the market.....WMQF went belly up......Equity owned it and went silent on 6/12..was sold to a new company and is there but not Fox right now...just slate...cable imports WLUK Green Bay

While Bend itself may be slightly less than 100,000. The stations would serve all of Central Oregon.

That and more rural areas may be more likely to use SAT service as they may not have a choice.

According to the EKB, chan. 904 squeezes TVOne between AAGTV (Urdo) and Armenia TV. I'd say that safely makes it an international channel.

KOHD is the ABC in Bend. They started as a digital-only, thus the calls.

I had a feeling TV ONE was some international. When it's in the 900s on 118, you know what it is.