72.5 signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shocker510

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Johnson City,Tennessee
Bypassing the multiswitch,could i run a line straight from the receiver to the 72.5 dish and find the signal? Do i first need to find the signal for the 101 bird? I read that the signal meter for the 72.5 bird won't come up until you have the signal for it. Thanks

you can find the signal on any decent meter....other than the small pocket size ones, they don't want to find the signal. What i would recommend if you don't have a good meter is to go to a friends house who does have 72.5, make the receiver auto-detect to find 72.5, and use that as your meter. Providing it is 72.5 capable.....and yes, i would definetly bypass the switch while detecting and lining up the 72.5, makes the process quicker and smoother

I will be using a D10. Do the come ready for the 72.5 straight out of the box or do i need to update anything before i take it to a friends house? A co-worker just had a 72.5 dish installed so that info will be useful.

well, if it's a new d10, it should be pre configured....but to be on the safe side, i'd take it to the friends house.....you only need to take one to make sure you get locals, once you get the 72.5 dialed in, the other should take fairly easy.....word of advice, depending on which 4x4 you are using, i'd bypass the switch when autodetecting....sometimes they can conflict.....also there is grounding problem on the d10 in which the transponders will jump around, if that's the case, get a 3 by 2 electrical adaptor and use it to plug into your wall or surge protector

Actually, you can use ANY kind of receiver, (yes, even a 1st generation) to find the 72.5 bird, as long as you connect it DIRECTLY to the receiver. Just go to the signal meter, making sure you are on an x-ponder between 1-16, & then peak the dish just as you would for 101. Once you have done this, THEN connect thru switch & connect receivers to switch, run auto-detect & you're all set.
I do this all the time here when I install 72.5 dishes w/NO problems...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)