720p Decision

rdinkel said:
That is why my Loewe Aconda set employs a digital progressive scan. The entire picture is processed and displayed in one pass, 60 times per second--twice the speed of interlaced scanning and without flickering of static images, such as on-screen text or the lines on a sports field. The result is a picture that has the an appearance similar in sharpness and clarity to a high-quality film image. This essentially moves 1080i closer to 1080p.

http://ultimateavmag.com/crtdisplays/61/index.html:cool:

T2k said:
My point exactly. 1080i doesn't offer anything over 720p but sports a horrible picture for sports or any action stuff and that disgusting interlace flickering.
Thanks but no.

where are seeing this flickering? I own a 55" crt and have NEVER been bothered by
this flickering regardless of the content.

T2k said:
You are obviously generally challenged, even by such basic thiings like a comparison.
I fully understand that some people are less fortunate than others when it comes to brain capacity but I thought 720 vs 540 + full frame vs flickering interlaced weren't so challenging questions...
I guess I was wrong. But hey, don't give up - everybody has a place under the sun! Sure, you can't take job in any related industry, not even a TV technician but hey, you can still be many other things... maybe even a helper of a TV technician? :devil:

Who wants to be a loser tv tech anyway? And it is not 720 vs 540 its 720 vs 1080.
540 lines scanned twice to give you a percieved 1080. Now weather it is percieved or not its still 1080 lines. Look up the word percieve. As far as the horrible :D flickering
you seem to harp on, what kinda tv you watchin on? If you nottice flickering on your
set from the interlacing I suspect your TV is CRAP.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)