720p v 1080i

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Yanks Fan

Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
I apologize if this has been covered already and I can't find it; but, does anyone have a listing of what stations broadcast in 720p v 1080i. The Tivo box doesn't automatically change from one to another.

I know Fox is 720p and Yes-HD is 1080i. Not sure about the other locals or the other limited HD offerings we receive from D*.

Maybe a stupid question-if so sorry, Isn't it better to keep your TV set to the highest res and let it do the work whether it is a 720 or 1080 signal? I have a 50" Pioneer Elite Plasma through an HD TIVO.

SRJ,

I'm not a techno/hdtv wiz, but I had my TV set at 720 or 1080 only and a lot of the SD channels were grainy and faded. I found the resolution setting on the receiver and set it to "All" and Native so it displays in the native broadcast signal. Much better picture all around. The channels change a tad slower (takes a second to recognize the signal maybe?) but I have a better picture now.

jpa25 said:
SRJ,

I'm not a techno/hdtv wiz, but I had my TV set at 720 or 1080 only and a lot of the SD channels were grainy and faded. I found the resolution setting on the receiver and set it to "All" and Native so it displays in the native broadcast signal. Much better picture all around. The channels change a tad slower (takes a second to recognize the signal maybe?) but I have a better picture now.

Did you make this resolution setting on the HR10-250 ? If so, where is that menu option ? Thanks.

Stumacdo,

It was on the H-10. Its under the HDTV settings tab. There should be three tabs in there. forget the name of the first one/ then Resolution/ then centering

stumacdo said:
Did you make this resolution setting on the HR10-250 ? If so, where is that menu option ? Thanks.

HR10-250 doesn't have the native resolution option, unfortunately.

djsmokyc said:
HR10-250 doesn't have the native resolution option, unfortunately.

wow, if that is true then that is really really sad. one of my fave features of the H10 is the ability to use Native/All. I hope D*'s new models have this feature intact.

I like the EZ DVI setting on my hughes box but I hate how the menus change also... under 480 and 720 programming the menus and guide look like crap... I wish I could have the 1080i menu/guide and let the programming switch :(

srjewettlaw,
You have a Pioneer Elite .... Very nice !!!
I would definitly let the TV do the processing, there for do as was stated above and set up the H-10 to all for resolution and native
All - because your set will accept all signals and
Native - So you receive the picture the way the producer intended it to be viewed.
You should have a fabulous picture.

Congrats,
Jimbo

Alvarez said:
I like the EZ DVI setting on my hughes box but I hate how the menus change also... under 480 and 720 programming the menus and guide look like crap... I wish I could have the 1080i menu/guide and let the programming switch :(

There isn't anyway to get the menus to stay at one resolution is there?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts