721 Comes On for no reason

BillH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Is anyone having their dvr come on for no reason, at odd times. We leave with it turned off and come home and find it on.

And it has been happening for a couple of weeks so we are sure we did not leave it on. And we have checked to make sure there are no timers to turn it on.

Not being familiar with the 721, if it has a UHF remote, perhaps a neighbor is turning it on??

As I have posted in another thread one of the things that causes the 721 to turn itself on is when a call comes in and caller ID is turned on. A tech suggested to turn off caller ID but I noticed even with caller ID turned off the 721 still turns itself on.

There is suppose to be a fix coming soon but I am getting conflicting information on when it will be spooled. I was told that it will be rolled out "BEFORE Sept. 1st" by one tech and "during Sept." by another tech.

BillH said:
Is anyone having their dvr come on for no reason, at odd times. We leave with it turned off and come home and find it on.

And it has been happening for a couple of weeks so we are sure we did not leave it on. And we have checked to make sure there are no timers to turn it on.

It's a result of the 3.21 software upgrade. It now turns on when the phone rings. My guess is something to do with caller id.

721 comes on by itself

kvhollis said:
It's a result of the 3.21 software upgrade. It now turns on when the phone rings. My guess is something to do with caller id.

If this is the case, would not unplugging the phone line stop it from coming on.

I will test it tonight and see.

Thanks.

Fantastic

And the customer service lady yesterday, wanted to ship me a new box. I talked her out of it saying that I wanted to see if this new update would fix it first. She said that they had not been notified that it would fix it.

How To Get the Upgrade, 322

I can not get my box to take on the new software upgrade. I called dish and she worked with it for 30 minutes and it still has not gotten it.

How can I get my box to take on the new upgrade?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)