721 guide problems?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cmaier

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Or maybe just me :) Woke up this morning and my 721 was stuck in "acquiring satellite." I did a check switch and all was good. Rebooted. Another 10 minutes of acquiring satellite."

Finally it came up, and i have only an hour guide, and can skip forward only until saturday (2 days).

My 622 seems okay.

I figure either the guide is scrambled (at least as far as the 721 is concerned) or my dish lost the satellite between when the 622 updated and the 721 updated? What transponder is the 9-day guide data on? 3 on 110? (if so, i'm getting 73-75 signal on that).

Anyway, anyone else seeing anything odd?

No problems here on two 721s.

I suggest a "power switch reboot" every month. Its like cod liver oil for the receivers...keeps them healthy & regular!

well, whatever it was, it's fixed. I now have the 9-day guide. only thing i noticed is when i was poking around looking at signal strength about 10 minutes ago, at first the 110/3 was going crazy (wrong satellite, bad strength, etc.) then it settled down to 75/73 signal strength.

I had some serious issues with my 721 but they cleared up on their own and works like a champ since. I wonder about the 721 sometimes. The 522's have been the most reliable DVR I have ever owned so far other than the 7100 I owned a good while back.

I also saw the crazy wrong satellite bad strength issues and saw the signal strength go back and forth like crazy like it will lock then it wont then it will.

Yesterday evening when I turned on the 721 it had the wrong time, the date was a day behind and almost all of the guide just said "no data". A power button reboot set it straight. The 921 beside it was not affected. The DVR's and the power inserter for the dish are on a UPS.

Rob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)