721 L1.15 Bug Reports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sorry for all the posts :)

I don't like the 29 min pad either. I always added 60 min to nascar races and it's paid of several times.

Agreed. This HAS to be fixed! When you manually create an event by pressing <Record>, you get the option to extend an event by as long as you want. Someone probably thought it was a good idea to limit this to minimize conflicts with other programs that start in later timeslots. Someone was wrong.

Put it back the way it was - or better yet, make it a 3-digit field. For sporting events, I would like to extend by two hours - several times, the event has ran longer than even the 99 minute extension previously allowed.

One thing i always hated, though not a bug is like the other user that pointed out before about the "Resume" not being the default when going back to a PVR show.

As such, if I hit the PVR button on the remote, I see a show that is recording, I don't care to record that show, and click on it to bring up the menu to that has the option's on it from the PVR. I hit the "Stop Recording" button, and sure it stops, but why does it take me ALL the way out of the PVR menu back to live TV? I have to go ALL the way back in to delete the PVR event!

Same as the default to "Start Over".. If the box is smart enough to know you have started this show, it surly can be smart enough to default to "resume"

These are just plan commonsense issues.. maybe to simple that the programs over look them, yet I have seen the one posted before.. why can't they then change something this simple?

Also, one thing that always gets me is.

Your watching a PVR show, you see the record light come on.. hmm, lets see whats recording, so you bring up the PIP, see whats going on, then want to swicth back to the PVR show.. only to find out it's not there! What's the PIP for?? Maybe if they would have though to assign a "Channel" number to the PVR shows, then the box could just be TUNNED back to the PVR show..

As for the "Bugs" I've read so far.. how could all the Beta tested not turned some of these up? How many people are Beta tested these software updates? Maybe Dish needs to add a few more :)

Hmm I don't know when they slipped that in. I also extended some shows an hour because some things run over and I want the entire show.

Let's hope they put it back :)

Scott please find out their thoughts on changing the pad to 29 minutes.. IT SUCKS..
Why are they changing stuff like this..

Also if you read my early post about recording while watching, am I correct that the record from beginning is highlighted for use only if you actually start watching from the beginning of the show. So if I miss the 1st 30 seconds I don't get that option, and have to rewind like I used to do. The option should be record from start of buffer or record since you started viewing the current channel you are on. The extra step is also lame, bring up the options right away..
thanks

Bill D, because they are stupid... nuts...idiots.., how can anyone beta test software for a year and still have bugs show up a day after they download. It's just insane.

Ditto about the pad to 29 minutes. This is UNACCEPTABLE! What are they thinking? Also, I have the same check switch problem that putrfixr refers to earlier in this post.

Actually most (if not all) of the bugs are not showing up on my receiver. :frowning: I am still on the beta software.

I am wondering if it's hardware related or something happened to the code since the last beta was sent to us.

Of course all the bugs mentioned so far are minor bugs. Its not like some old Dishplayer upgrades when you got it you lost everything on your drive, and long periods of no guides. :D

Minor bugs? Scott, you are starting to sound like a DISH tech. I consider the "pause, skip" problem major. True it does not crash the machine, but how could they miss it?

While the "29 minute limit" when extending the end time of a recording is not a bug, I consider it a major problem for sports events. I would really like to hear the logic behind the decision to limit it to 29 minutes. It was likely made by someone that doesn't record sports. It is something that should be fixed as soon as possible.

I am still getting the occasional black screen when going back to live after watching a recording.

I got some really weird stuff with the triple conflict screen. I was modifying existing timers to increase the start padding since that bug is fixed. Basically what happened is I had two timer set for the same time tonight (Tuesday). When I modified a Wednseday timer (or any other day except Tuesday) that overlapped the Tuesday ones, it said I had a conflict and brought up the triple conflict screen. It incorrectly showed the Wednesday timer as being set for Tuesday. I finally got around it by deleting the timers and recreating them off the guide.

Dennis

John Corn said:
The 29 minute pad is awful, half the stuff I record is sports.

This bug SUXS!!!! :x

I agree. Luckily I am out of town, and my 721 remains ON continuously, so I avoided the update. I now can continue to enjoy the 99 minute buffer I add onto ALL sports, instead of having to live with this "thoroughly tested" version of software.

Maybe next October we'll have a fix that is just as thoroughly tested.

Well, that was a mean comment, but c'mon, what's happening here?

Here's a bug that's been around for awhile:

The PVR lock doesn't work when you use the "clean up" feature. If you attempt to delete a locked recording by itself, the 721 prompts for the password. However, if you delete a locked recording via the "cleanup" screen the lock is ignored.

I have not seen the problem that others have with pausing. To get out of pause, I press Play, then skip back 10 seconds. Works great.

I am experiencing a brief freeze of video while playing. Is anyone else noticing the same? I believe that I was also experiencing the same in the previous release.

motjes2 said:
I am experiencing a brief freeze of video while playing. Is anyone else noticing the same? I believe that I was also experiencing the same in the previous release.

I've noticed this a few times as well.

Yep, the Pause, skip back, pause is an issue...
I find it easier to hit the "pause" button in the dark.. if it isn't made to restart the show, then it shouldn't do anything, least of all take you back to the start of the show!

The pause, then skip forward also is an issue as stated before in this thread.. so i don't think all of these are just IRD unit dependent

Maybe they did rush this out for the Superdish after all :)

I have 3 timers set for back to back recording.
The Monday night timer worked ok with L115.
Do you think the other timers, (Wed. & Sat)
Will work as well because they were progammed
before L115?
Also how do u set a manual timer, because of the
29 Mintue limit for padding at the end of a timer?

I have listened several times over several hours and I hve noticed that on my 721 the hard drive does not spin down when the unit is off. I thought DISH said that they will spin down the drive in order to 'save' the hard drive, but I can't confirm that this works.

I believe all they have done with their 4 hour timer is to turn off the receiver so that it is not actively buffering a channel when no one is likely to be sitting in front of the receiver. I don't think they actually spin down the drive.

Unless my 721 is downloading the EPG continuously or doing some other background activity whenever I've thought to check it, I bet they don't spin down the drive.

Maybe if they would have though to assign a "Channel" number to the PVR shows, then the box could just be TUNNED back to the PVR show..
The DP was mapped this way and it was a handy feature. On teh DP if you went to Channel 001, it automatically brought up a screen which was the "resume" screen for the last program you were watching but had stopped. I used this a lot and miss it.

For all its many, many bugs and issues, the DP still had some terrific ideas in it.

Still no sticky menus, which I am sure some will feel is a feature, but I consider it a bug because any properly designed software should have them. Why do we have to always reselect options each time we access them, we should be able to select the option we want to use and have it stick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)