721 L1.15 Bug Reports

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
This is not a bug but it is a definite problem that was not in the previous software release. Before L1.15 I could create a PVR recording with end time more than 29 minutes. I used to put even 90 minutes! Now it is telling me the following:

Error 705: "The maximum number of minutes allowed for before and after a recording timer event is 29 minutes, please enter another value".

This is a bummer! It used to be a good feature that you could assign a bigger number of minutes.

..........................................................................................................

Jason said:
A new bug has started happening on my 721 since today's update. When I am watching a previously recorded program and I hit 'Pause', wait a little bit and hit 'Pause' again to resume playback it randomly resets the program and starts playing from the very beginning! This is a brand new bug and it randomly happens. It is something that I cannot get to happen on queue.

Has anyone else experienced this bug yet?

Jason, I did not experience this today but I did not wait a little bit. Although I do remember pausing previously recorded programs. I will need to check this again and will let you know more in details if I am experiencing the same.

Re: 721 software update L1.15 Bugs and Problems

motjes2 said:
Error 705: "The maximum number of minutes allowed for before and after a recording timer event is 29 minutes, please enter another value".

This is a bummer! It used to be a good feature that you could assign a bigger number of minutes.

I agree. They need to change it back to allow more time. Some of the football games and the baseball playoff games have been running way past their allociated slot plus 29 minutes. I used +60 minutes and still missed the end of a game.

I wonder what the thinking was behind that change?

I just hope they fixed the problem with the timers that start at midnight...

I set up a weekly timer at midnight Saturday night, and it works, but fires again 24 hours later.

We shall see...

Oh, and no bugs so far... :D

Jason said:
A new bug has started happening on my 721 since today's update. When I am watching a previously recorded program and I hit 'Pause', wait a little bit and hit 'Pause' again to resume playback it randomly resets the program and starts playing from the very beginning! This is a brand new bug and it randomly happens. It is something that I cannot get to happen on queue.

Has anyone else experienced this bug yet?

I had this problem with L1.12. It is very random.

Occassionally when i scroll thru my recorded programs list, it will suddenly stop like i am at the end ... but i'm not. It is like it gets stuck. I never had this happen before the update. Also I'm still seeing a black screen when coming out of watching a playback of a recorded program. This only happens once in a while but the only way to get a picture is to change channels. This is an old bug.

I have been asked by Dish Network to compile a list of bugs and oddities you may be seeing out there.

If you have seen any of these bugs please confirm if you have also seen it.

Some which have already been posted include:

No Screen Saver (Note My Screensaver is working)
Muted Audio when unpausing video.
No Weather Info for those pointed to 119 only.

Does anyone have the above or other problems?

No audio after Pause. Here is the setup. Recording Stargate and Tech forum. Watching tech forum about 10 minutes delayed. Paused tech forum to see if I was about to catch up to live - then pause again to resume. No sound pressed the 10 sec back, sound came back. I did this more than once. Once I was watching it live the pause worked fine. And later when nothing was recording the pause worked fine as well.

Have only had a short time with the new software but here is something that fghkjsdjkfk!!!! annoyed me.
You can only add up to 29 minutes pad at the end of a program. I pad all sporting events atleast an hour, what our they thinking by changing this? Now I have to pad 29 minutes, then go add another timer, which may not overlap with the other one, if I do overlap then I burn two tuners creating conflicts. And of course I now have a football or baseball game under the original title until that ends then I go search for whatever show title has the remainder of the game. This is freaking stupid, who the hell thought this was a good idea, can't be a bug since they have a message that tells you can can't pad more then 29 minutes.. This needs to be fixed within the next 2 weeks, totally unacceptable :evil:

Another problem, when you go to record a program that you have been watching, first it gives you a banner and you have to press options to get anywhere but picking up where you are currently. Why have an extra step? just bring up the list of options right away. Also the beginning of show is only highlighted I guess if you actually have had it on since the beginning of the show. So if you want the last half hour since you started watching (not the beginning) you still have to rewind and hit record. Unless I'm missing something this is how it worked for me. The option should read 'record from when you first started watching'.. yet another feature not thought out to work as it should.

I can't believe I waited 7 months to have the pad taken away and the same functionality I pretty much had to record shows in progress except now I have to do an extra button press. How did no-one else on the beta program see these as annoyances. This is soooo bad..

By the way the weather and triple conflict are very nice and well designed, except I thought there was going to be a skip one timer option. I created a weekly timer and two others to conflict and I never saw this option.
Bill

We should merge this thread with the sticky one tha also says l115 bugs. I have a few issues there

I don't like the 29 min pad either. I always added 60 min to nascar races and it's paid of several times.

One more thing to add,I did get the nice EPG back after losing it about 3 months ago.Also the 2nd tuner problem that gave me so much trouble awhile back seems to have almost gone.But that was even before we got the new sw.It makes me think it may have been ground related since the ground is more moist than it was in the summer. Mike

There's a problem (new to L1.15) with the frame advance feature.

After a pause (either a PVR event or live program), the skip forward button (to advance a frame or two) does not work. However, the skip back function (to reverse a few frames) operates and also causes the skip forward function to operate. The fix does not skip and the problem reappears after the next pause.

Here's one I've found ...

Since the upgrade to 115 I've noticed that when doing a "check switch" the test runs fine and the "switch matrix" shows the correct info (in my case a DP Quad) then I click "done" to back out and I get the #633 message window warning me of a switch error and suggesting I run a "check switch".

As i said, the "switch matrix" shows the correct info and everything works OK buy it will throw the #633 switch error.

Try it on your 721 and let me know what you find.

Oh, and YES ... the bug when pausing and trying to advance a frame at a time is a real PITA.

A new bug has started happening on my 721 since today's update. When I am watching a previously recorded program and I hit 'Pause', then hit the 'Skip Back' button to go back a few seconds, and then finally hit 'Pause' again it jumps all the way back to the beginning of the recorded program. This has been confirmed by numerous people now and it is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed in the next software update!

Whenever you pause a show and then hit pause again to resume playback you end up missing a few seconds of audio because it is late to kick back in. That is why I always click the 'skip back' button one time so that I don't miss anything that was said. That is how I ran into this bug.

Anyways, I found out that a temporary workaround for this problem is to pause the show, hit 'skip back' TWICE, and then hit pause again to resume playback. If you do that it works like it should. But if you do it only once, it kicks you back to the beginning of the show.

Jason said:
Anyways, I found out that a temporary workaround for this problem is to pause the show, hit 'skip back' TWICE, and then hit pause again to resume playback. If you do that it works like it should. But if you do it only once, it kicks you back to the beginning of the show.

Actually, now that I know I need to skip back twice, I'll use the skip back once - pause as a handy shortcut to get back to the beginning.

What if you hit play to resume playback, I have never hit pause to resume playback.. Just curious

After a pause (either a PVR event or live program), the skip forward button (to advance a frame or two) does not work.

It seems that if you hit <Pause>, then <SkipAhead> 5 times, it will kick in and work normally. The first <SkipAhead> gives you the frame advance icon, while still displaying the paused frame. The next four presses of <SkipAhead> do nothing. On the 5th, it jumps several frames (5?) ahead, and from then on, you can advance frame by frame.

What if you hit play to resume playback, I have never hit pause to resume playback.. Just curious

Then it operates as it should. I agree - I've always used <Play> to resume a paused program. But still a definite bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)