721 receiver for $299?

Well, I used the email listed in the above post, and got a reply telling me to call them. I did, and was told that the price was $299, and unsure if the switch was included. Most be another one of them "depends on who answers promotions" as it is either $249 or $250 I guess.

It's a shame they still can't get this stuff together, oh, and they also said it would be another 1 year commitment to Dish too :)

I emailed ceo@..... and got an email back to just call executive services or whatever its called.

needless to say the deal I was offered was $249 for the receiverand free shipping, $119.00 for a dp 34 switch and half off installation.

so I just opted for the receiver only and I'll buy the switch off ebay (real dish switch) $79 shipped and skipped the install.

I guess it's CSR roulette whatever you do with dish .

Another good experience here:

AT120, 1 premium and HD pac, sub for 3 years. I got a call from CJ in the executive office 5 days after I e-mailed them (week of Team Summit, he even apologized for the delay). Gave me the $249 deal, no additional commitment and whatever switches or LNB's I needed at no charge. The legacy Quad arrived last week and is installed and tested on all ports.

I came home to find that UPS delivered the 721 today - left it on my front porch. If I had noticed it earlier, it would already be up and running. Can't wait to stop watching live TV ( except HD, of course) :)

Dave

DRGingras said:
Another good experience here:

AT120, 1 premium and HD pac, sub for 3 years. I got a call from CJ in the executive office 5 days after I e-mailed them (week of Team Summit, he even apologized for the delay). Gave me the $249 deal, no additional commitment and whatever switches or LNB's I needed at no charge. The legacy Quad arrived last week and is installed and tested on all ports.

I came home to find that UPS delivered the 721 today - left it on my front porch. If I had noticed it earlier, it would already be up and running. Can't wait to stop watching live TV ( except HD, of course) :)

Dave

CJ was also the one who gave me the $249 price with the additional switch at no extra cost. My father also called and got the $249 price with free shipping as well. He has only been a customer for about 2 yrs. and subscribes to the AT120 pack plus HBO/Cinemax. Maybe the common thread through all this is to ask for CJ at the executive office if you expect the good deal.

It's too bad everyone has not had the same good experience with this deal. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, $249 is $249 no matter which way you slice it. It shouldn't matter what package you subscribe to or how long you have been a customer but unfortunately none of us are running DISH. JMO.

CJ is the one who gave me the deal for $299. Although I emailed Dish back after I received the receiver and complained about the price, got a call back and I'm getting a $50 credit.

AT120/locals + internation for 3 years

don't know why i got the $299 deal in the first place. But it's a great deal regardless.

I e-mailed ceo@echostar.com saying I had already contacted my local dealer who had no 721s (true, I had contacted them). I was asked to call the Executive Offices at 1-866-362-6711 to get details of the 721 promotion. When I called I was offered the 721 and free installation for $249 with a one-yr commitment. I have 180 + locals + autopay and have been with E* for over 3 years (maybe over 4). Kimberly set up installation for a time after I will have received the receiver, a week and one-half away, on June 12.

Well, I got that same number from a retailer in town, called and have my 721 on the way for $249 with a DP34. Should arrive in 7 - 10 days.

*edit*
I forgot to mention that I have the AEP and HD and Locals, the guy I talked to said "well, you haven't been with us for more than 2 years (a condition?) but you have a high package price and you have always paid on time, so I can offer you a 721 for $249 shipped" I had to make no commitment and I declined the free install.

*edit*
I forgot to mention that I have the AEP and HD and Locals, the guy I talked to said "well, you haven't been with us for more than 2 years (a condition?) but you have a high package price and you have always paid on time, so I can offer you a 721 for $249 shipped" I had to make no commitment and I declined the free install.

I have been with dish since 1997, I have AEP and locals, cc auto pay, and prepay for a year (AEP) and the only deal they gave me was $249.
they wanted me to pay for the switch and 1/2 the install :mad:

AppliedAggression said:
I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and they called me back today. Said I could go ahead and get the 721 receiver through them and all the included LNBs and switches (upgrading from legacy). He quoted me a price of $299 for the receiver because I didn't meet the promotional requirements? When I asked him what they were, he then said that the $250 price was only through dealers and that the price directly from Dish would be $299. He didn't charge me for shipping, and believe me, I know it's a great price, especially included all the extra equipment I need, but I haven't heard a $299 price tag anywhere on the forums. Anyone get quoted the same? Should I do anything? The order is already placed.

Is the 299$ deal open to any current Dish subscribers? I love to pick one up from them at this price. Their still 400$ on ebay..

GaryPen said:
Well, I finally got to talk to someone at my dealer, and they say they would charge $99 for the installation AND additional $$ for the switch!!!

It's time to email "ceo..."
I got dish to install for $49 since I was a long time dish customer (6years).
Dish Exec Office sold me the 721 for $249 with no shipping or other commitment.

THey sold me mine for $249 completely installed. No other charges.
Michael in the exec. offices completely made my day with that offer and solidified me as a Dish customer for another many years to come.

I ordered mine last Wednesday (eight days ago) for $249 shipped and installed. I expected it to ship late last week and arrive here in the middle of this week, but even after repeated calls, it still hasn't shipped. I convinced them to ship it next day, so I hope to get it tomorrow, but I've been amazed at how slow they have been.

Has any other 721 buyer had such slow shipping?

Mine has not shown yet either, yet they said it would ship out the next day on 2nd day air. I ordered mine last Wednesday night also and I still cannot get a tracking number from them or any status on this after numerous calls.

SatinKzo said:
Mine has not shown yet either, yet they said it would ship out the next day on 2nd day air. I ordered mine last Wednesday night also and I still cannot get a tracking number from them or any status on this after numerous calls.

:eek:

I wonder what the problem is. They said they would ship mine today, but they've already said that three days ago and again yesterday. I'm hopeful, but getting a little concerned.

Really dumb question regarding the 721...

I have a DP34 w/3 recievers on it. I'd like to add the 721 as the 4th. Would the 721 require more than the one remaining output on the DP34, since it is a dual tuner? :confused:

Thanks

Mike_Post said:
Really dumb question regarding the 721...

I have a DP34 w/3 recievers on it. I'd like to add the 721 as the 4th. Would the 721 require more than the one remaining output on the DP34, since it is a dual tuner? :confused:

Thanks
You hit the nail on the head - each tuner requires it's own feed. You're gonna need another switch, or drop one of the single-tuner receivers.

Slaylock said:
I ordered mine last Wednesday (eight days ago) for $249 shipped and installed. I expected it to ship late last week and arrive here in the middle of this week, but even after repeated calls, it still hasn't shipped. I convinced them to ship it next day, so I hope to get it tomorrow, but I've been amazed at how slow they have been.

Has any other 721 buyer had such slow shipping?
As I posted earlier, I purchased my 721 on 6/3, scheduled for 6/12 installation. It arrived 6/8. I don't consider that especially fast or especially slow, but certainly in time for installation!

Something is loose in the box though, maybe the remote, and I am going to let the installer/technician open it. It might not matter, but I'll at least have a witness to how it was shipped.

I'm really looking forward to getting it up and running!!:D

SimpleSimon said:
You hit the nail on the head - each tuner requires it's own feed. You're gonna need another switch, or drop one of the single-tuner receivers.
Is that what it means when people talk of "cascading"?

Is there something besides another DP34 I could buy to do this?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)