722 - Can I force a TV1/TV2 selection?

Lbeck

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
This happens to me all the time with my VIP722. I'm watching a program live on TV1 and something comes up that I have set to record on TV1. The 2-minute ticker starts. I check the "daily schedule" and see that nothing is set to record on TV2.

The only way that I know to switch the oncoming program to TV2 so that it doesn't bump me out of what I'm watching on TV1 is to run upstairs to TV2, delete the upcoming program that is set for TV1, and try to set it for TV2.

Is there some way to access a menu item while on TV1 and force the program to record to TV2? Sometimes.... and I don't know what triggers this.... I will be given a choice with 2 check boxes "Record to TV1" or "Record to TV2". But I cant bring this option up at wiill.

I've had this receiver for 5 years or more and still can't figure out how to force a recording to TV2 if I'm watching TV1.

This happens to me all the time with my VIP722. I'm watching a program live on TV1 and something comes up that I have set to record on TV1. The 2-minute ticker starts. I check the "daily schedule" and see that nothing is set to record on TV2.

The only way that I know to switch the oncoming program to TV2 so that it doesn't bump me out of what I'm watching on TV1 is to run upstairs to TV2, delete the upcoming program that is set for TV1, and try to set it for TV2.

Is there some way to access a menu item while on TV1 and force the program to record to TV2? Sometimes.... and I don't know what triggers this.... I will be given a choice with 2 check boxes "Record to TV1" or "Record to TV2". But I cant bring this option up at wiill.

I've had this receiver for 5 years or more and still can't figure out how to force a recording to TV2 if I'm watching TV1.

Go to the DVR,open the right front door make sure your on dual view.press Menu-8-5.Select your option there.

For five years your answer has been wherever you stashed the User's manual.;)

Go to the DVR,open the right front door make sure your on dual view.press Menu-8-5.Select your option there.

You want to have record plus enabled, and the record preference set to TV2 (if its available). This makes it so any timers you have record to the second TV. If the feature is disabled, it would record to whatever TV the timer was set up on.

I wish I could set something to record and choose TV1 or TV2 on the spot instead of it being set to default. I used to be able to do this on the 522. Sometimes I want to record something while I'm watching TV2.

You can go to the front panel of the reciever and put it in single mode, using the PIP swap feature on the remote, you can toggle between the two tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts