722 can not be shipped to you?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dewar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Because I "moved" I have been trying to get my 722 shipped to my billing address. All the CSR I talk to are telling me that I have to have it installed. This wont work for me. The CSR are also saying that I will need to have a new dish installed? Is this ture? Has anyone been able to get their 722 shipped to them?

DISH has had a long-term policy of not shipping ViP receivers.

You need a dish setup that can see three locations to effectively use the ViP receivers.

Well I called one more time and finally got them to ship it to my billing address. I can not install the 722 on my own?

CEO's office shipped a VIP722 and 2 VIP211s to me. I told them that my antennas are mounted on a tower structure and I already had a 61.5 dish up for Pentagon channel.

I also said that I work most of the time an hour away from home and I had no interest in trying to find a way to coordinate with an installer. I said I'd sooner get cable comparatively.

They agreed and sent me the VIP722.

The CEO's office had to add the fact I have a 61.5 dish installed. Apparently my record didn't state that, and it prevented him from shipping me a VIP722 until he overrode it. He said he 'learned something new', so I'm thinking that odds are it's not a common knowledge type situation. The system forces them to a truck roll unless your info is accurate as far as what reception hardware you have.

ceo(at)echostar.com . I don't know if (at)dishnetwork.com would work or not, but I do know echostar.com does.

You could always say you have cable at your billing address and your service address is a camp or 2nd home that has Dish (and you want this resolved before you go up there for the year). I'm not too big on lying or BSing people though. I just made it clear I didn't want or need an installer here.

Yeah but there aren't that many people in Exec Relations.. I've always dealt with pretty much the same guy. :) As it goes no installer is insured to install on a tower structure, so they're right out of luck anyway.

Because I "moved" I have been trying to get my 722 shipped to my billing address. All the CSR I talk to are telling me that I have to have it installed. This wont work for me. The CSR are also saying that I will need to have a new dish installed? Is this ture? Has anyone been able to get their 722 shipped to them?

You might have to "move" again and let them do it.

I called and got mine shipped to me a week ago, I had to call twice but the 2nd CSR had no issues shipping it. I said all I have to do is unplug the old one and plug the new one in, I don't need an installer.

I recieved it a few days ago.

I don't see why it is that they'd make a big deal about using an installer, especially here where DN has a ton of installs for the market lately due to locals becoming available at the end of last year. It's just been a steady stream of installs.

if you think you can install it without their help, then that also means they don't have to pay the installer. Ultimately they win.

When they installed my 722, there records showed that I did not have a Dish pro lnb, which I had installed myself a year ago. Even thou the installer did not show installing a pro lnb on his paperwork, they charged me for one anyway. It took me three calls to get it removed from my bill. There is no telling what Dish will or will not do. Each and every CSR does what they want to. Just keep calling back until they do it your way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts