722 Channel Signal Loss on Tuner 2 HD Only

rrp13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
southwest Georgia
I have a 722 that has started reporting "Channel Signal Loss" on quite a few HD channels. This is occurring only on Tuner 2 and only on certain HD channels. So far, I have double checked the connections at the dish. I have replaced the Separator that splits the signal coming from the single coax from the dish. I have taken the separator completely out and ran two leads from the dish to the 722. I have ran a Check Switch several times. I have unplugged for more than 60 seconds. Still, getting Channel Signal Loss on Tuner 2 on HD channels. Here is a sample of the channels reporting this error:

107 111 114 115
200 202 205 208
302 303 305 308

I am guessing it has to be the 722 at this point? I appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks.

Richie

my first guess would be the LNB. check the system info-details for lnb drift. but its quite possibly the reciever. i have seen a few that have had one of the tuners go bad.

I agree, particularly after your two-cable test. It has got to be the 722. Just to be absolutely certain, can you flip the two-cable test cables around so that what was going to input 1 is now going to input 2?

I agree, particularly after your two-cable test. It has got to be the 722. Just to be absolutely certain, can you flip the two-cable test cables around so that what was going to input 1 is now going to input 2?

I didn't mention that before but, tried that and still only had loss on Tuner 2. OK, guess it is time to call and get a replacement. Thanks.

107 111 114 115
200 202 205 208
302 303 305 308

Oh, one other question, is there any relation between those channel numbers I listed? Satellite? Transponder? Odd? Even? Anything? Just curious. Thanks.

On hold for Claude at Dishstore right now...

Richie

Good question. The subscription part of TheList, Dish Network All menu item, is still broken and has been for months. So it's rather hard to reverse lookup the channel numbers and find out where they're coming from. Are you on Western Arc or Eastern Arc? If Western, then looking up those channels on 129 would probably catch most of them. If Eastern, you would have to look both on 61.5 and 72.7.

Could have a bad diplexer. I would loose just certain channels. would come and go. drove me nuts till i found it. good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts