722 external hard drive recommendations?

dummy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
I've been researching possible 500GB external hard drives to use on a 722DVR. Unfortunately, it seems many users have had Western Digital My Book, LiCie, Maxtor OneTouch and certain Seagate drives fail in less than a year. These data all came from customer reviews at Amazon. I noted that a few too many of the positive reviews were reviews by people who had not used the drives very long. The negatives were people who used them or tried to use them, I should say, for a longer period.

Does anyone know of very reliable 500-750 GB drive that is good for using on the VIP 722 DVR?

I've been researching possible 500GB external hard drives to use on a 722DVR. Unfortunately, it seems many users have had Western Digital My Book, LiCie, Maxtor OneTouch and certain Seagate drives fail in less than a year. These data all came from customer reviews at Amazon. I noted that a few too many of the positive reviews were reviews by people who had not used the drives very long. The negatives were people who used them or tried to use them, I should say, for a longer period.

Does anyone know of very reliable 500-750 GB drive that is good for using on the VIP 722 DVR?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd...ml?highlight=external+drives+working+properly

Why would one buy a prepackaged EHD when you can buy a USB-SATA adapter plus a plethora of 250-500GB SATA hard drives to plug onto the adapter for so much less?

I have a 400GB Seagate 7200RPM SATA plus my USB-SATA adapter and together they cost about $115.

I have 3-4 250GB SATA drives I can swap out with it and they are less than $70 each on NewEgg.

Putting all your eggs in one basket is now wise.

Buy an adapter and a multitude of smaller drives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)