722 favorites

anchovie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2009
socal
Are there many or any shortcuts to setting favorites other than the one listed in the manual? Like maybe one click settings from the guide?

Thanks..

There are multiple favorites lists, and you can cycle through them by hitting Guide on the remote repeatedly. You can see "All Channels" (worthless), "All HD" (shows you channels in HD, whether you subscribe or not), "All Sub[scribed]" (only your channels, HD and SD), and then your favorites list(s). You can, for example, set up one list of your favorite channels, a list for your wife, and a list that the kids are approved for, and all you have to do to change lists is hit the Guide button.

Thanks for your replies. I like whatchel1's suggestion to be able to use the guide and choose method. Too bad there is not a featured button on the remote where one click on the channel you're watching is bookmarked so to speak like a favorites on a PC.

<enable internet d-bag mode>

There is a button. It's labeled "Guide." Don't see the list you want? Press it again. Repeat until desired list is displayed.

</d-bag>

I agree that power users would like another menu, but Granny wouldn't. Dish's solution, though a little crude, actually works pretty well without adding complexity for "simple" users.

found the guide option

I knew at one time there was a way to bring guide up and scroll thru the favorites list. I just had to go into the menu 8-2 then choose in the "guide selection" area to use guide popup. It then works by pressing guide twice and then can scroll up & down thru the favs list that you have set-up plus the ones that E* supplies.

I knew at one time there was a way to bring guide up and scroll thru the favorites list. I just had to go into the menu 8-2 then choose in the "guide selection" area to use guide popup. It then works by pressing guide twice and then can scroll up & down thru the favs list that you have set-up plus the ones that E* supplies.

That feature is still on all the various models of HD boxes I have. I thought my old 625 had it, as well. The problem is that it is somewhat cumbersome to activate that feature. Is everyone saying that the SD 625 does not or no longer has this feature?

I think the OP is looking for an easier way to create the favorites lists.
n0qcu,

Easy is correct. I was thinking easy as one click, choose, categorize. The current way isn't difficult, but has more than "one click". Maybe this is too challenging of an engineering project?

CowboyDren,

There are numerous remote buttons that granny can see but probably never uses. One more would get lost in sight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)