722 help.

trunks926

Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Detroit, MI
I have a customer that keeps having problems with their 722. They say it loses signal (015 screen) and its only that receiver, they have a 625 and a 322 as well.
They do have good signal and the switch for the 1000+ has just been replaced about 3 months ago. One thing I noticed is that they are standing the receiver up vertically, could that be what's wrong? I also replaced all the small parts separator diplexer etc

If it's using a card, I bet the card is not pushed in all the way, or it's loose in the slot. With the receiver on itls end the card may have a tendency to wiggle slightly out of its socket. Also, the coax leading into the receiver may be loose or not making a good connection, either at the receiver or the switch. Try replacing the coax with a new RG6 and professionally installed connectors. One last thing to try, connect the 722 to the switch port of the 625 and see what happens.

I bet they have the 'background' tuner tuned to a weak OTA channel. When it loses signal the stupid receiver pops up the 015 screen. this is a known issue which is being worked on.

Aha! That probably explains why my 722k was nuts last night. I had an OTA and 2 SAT events scheduled to record, but the signal on the OTA was flakey as heck and I didn't notice it until a bit later.

But it missed recording the 2nd Torchwood (blank screen) and I had gone into PIP and it wouldn't come out. I stopped all recording and reset and things were OK from then on.

Vertical is bad, 722's run hot, the vents will be blocked.

Look at the cooling thread on this forum (Average 622/722 Temperature thread, Is your's Hot?).

Check the diagnostic/counters screen for the max/min/average HDD temps.

I have a customer that keeps having problems with their 722. They say it loses signal (015 screen) and its only that receiver, they have a 625 and a 322 as well.
They do have good signal and the switch for the 1000+ has just been replaced about 3 months ago. One thing I noticed is that they are standing the receiver up vertically, could that be what's wrong? I also replaced all the small parts separator diplexer etc

Last edited:
Vertical can work, put the left end up and support the right end with 1 inch small blocks, actually might work almost as well as a fan.

thanks to all who responded, sorry I did not have time to answer your questions. I ended up replacing the receiver ( and laying it flat lol) after reading some of your comments. They did not have OTA or a card btw. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)