722 keeps rebooting

fishman316

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
michigan
dish had a tech come out to swap out my 722 that was bad on july 25. The new 722 will freeze and reboot out of nowhere. It has done it about 10-12 times since the 25th. I have done the manual reset and also unplugged it from the wall and plugged it back in. Still doing the same thing. Did I get another bad box? I have sw version 676. Any help is appreciated.

it is in the open air jim5506. matt, I could not get a signal on tv 2. When i hooked up my kids receiver everything was fine. No longer have that issue. now just the random reboots. Like I said maybe 10-12 times in the last two weeks.

are you using the HDMI output to connect to a tv? Odd bug is to have the receiver reboot when recording because the TV is off.. (HDCP failure presumed)

Very rarely has the 722k I've had ever rebooted sporadically, except for sure when the TV is off .... 'tupid I know... one way to try to see if it has any effect ... use component cables only (no hdmi connection) to see if the problem stops.. if it does.. then you're most likely getting bit by an HDCP issue.

Its possible to have another bad box. Im on my 3rd 722 in my bedroom, its at the point where I have Both Dish and Directv in every room in my house and I just started to watch Directv in the bedroom

Does anyone know if the 722 uses the same chip as the 622, the Broadcom BCM 7038?

I have a 722 receiver (2 2/1 years now) and I'm not having any issues with mine. I have L 7.20 software but even with L 6.76 I didn't have the reboot issue. I also have a lot of timers setup and using HDMI cable to my TV with no rebooting issue. It sounds like you have a bad receiver, especially if you have unplugged the receiver to reboot it. Please PM me if you would like further assistance. Thanks.

I have a 722 receiver (2 2/1 years now) and I'm not having any issues with mine. I have L 7.20 software but even with L 6.76 I didn't have the reboot issue. I also have a lot of timers setup and using HDMI cable to my TV with no rebooting issue. It sounds like you have a bad receiver, especially if you have unplugged the receiver to reboot it. Please PM me if you would like further assistance. Thanks.
if the case is like mine ... I have it happen HDCP is an issue between TV Set & Dish Receiver. Getting a manufacture to look at either is like asking a random person on the street to let you pull one of their teeth out. It would take a glitch that effects several series of TV sets to get Dish to look at this realistically ... There's no other reason for 2 receivers (my case) in a row to react *exactly* the same way with HDCP encrypted content only ... and again only when the TV is off..

If it happens to me.. its gotta be happening to someone else.. or has the potential to happen to them, they just don't have the same tv set, or like for me I never had it happen, until I had those free movie coupons, and wanted to record stuff while out to dinner to come back and watch.. only to find the reboot reboot reboot.. never had either receiver done it before or since..

A slight possibility: check the electrical outlet. Use a 3-prong 3-neon tester, <$4. Having hot and neutral reversed can cause weird problems. 25 years after the house was build, during a remodel (10 years ago) and replacing the outlets, I discovered exactly 1/2 were reversed, the black/live and white/neutral wires were exchanged. You can have problems with TVs and receivers on different legs of the AC. If you get even little sparks, it needs attention, now.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)