722 Not Recording GMA

will anyway

You want to bet money on it? I can prove it. just let lightning hit your dish and watch everything burn up. the grounding prevents this. Alrady has happened to several people I know. they grounded the system and lightning hit the dish and had no problems. But if you want to take a chance go ahead. Dish will not pay for lightning damage if the system is not grounded properly.

If lightning hits a dish most likely everything will be toast even w/ a ground plug.

Oh there's still a good exterior ground to the dish and is also grounded to the cold water line. The only ground at issue is on the power plug to the 722.

Good. thats at least a good start. It is not a good idea to cut the ground lug on the receiver. There is not electricity going thru the ground lines, can't. The techs at dish will tell you this is wrong. You need to watch some of the installers out there as they know absolutely nothing. They give the good installers a bad rap. Call dish and ask for advanced tech support. do not talk to the first one you reach normally they are from overseas. better yet do the online chat as they are form the US and normally are advanced techs. they helped me more than anyone.

If lightning hits a dish most likely everything will be toast even w/ a ground plug.
I am not going to argue with you. it has been proven here and at a friends house. the ground did its job, lightning hit the dish and no damage. take your chances but I know better

Grounding is important, have had switch problems with many customers. Have disconnected the sat line and discharged stray voltage on the sat line from LNB. ( have even seen a spark from the LNb with nothing connected) Getting a good ground is quite important especially where we have a lot of thunder storms. Have lost signal before it even before it rains when the air is full of static from storms. After I grounded the sytem this doesn't happen anymore.

Grounding is important, have had switch problems with many customers. Have disconnected the sat line and discharged stray voltage on the sat line from LNB. ( have even seen a spark from the LNb with nothing connected) Getting a good ground is quite important especially where we have a lot of thunder storms. Have lost signal before it even before it rains when the air is full of static from storms. After I grounded the sytem this doesn't happen anymore.

:up:up:up:up:)

Exactly! These guys still won't understand that since they've been TOLD by someone that the ground doesn't matter and won't make any difference, they believe it 'cause the science is not understood and in the old days of big signal, there was seldom observed any correlation. Today's low signal HD systems can't put up with any more noise than they have to! Grounding is necessary for function and safety!!! NEVER DISCONNECT A GROUND and if removing the ground prong from your system removes the problem, then your system ISN'T grounded or wired correctly.

Grounding

OK so enough with the grounding already. This thread is supposed to address the problem of the 722 screwing up the recording of GMA. Which by the way still hasn't been resolved. I've now gone through 3 722 receivers, two sets of LNB's, two alignments to my dish and seemingly countless calls and hours spent on the phone with Dish Support and no one can come up with any kind of an answer!

It's really sad but may have wait for GMA to go into syndication and buy them on DVD, but then everything will be old news. Ha Ha But seriously I've set up GMA on my OTA tuner and it seems to be firing on the timer. Changed it from local HD from dish to Local OTA. It had a problem on Tuesday change it over to the OTA tuner and it's been recording fine all week since.

OK so enough with the grounding already. This thread is supposed to address the problem of the 722 screwing up the recording of GMA. Which by the way still hasn't been resolved. I've now gone through 3 722 receivers, two sets of LNB's, two alignments to my dish and seemingly countless calls and hours spent on the phone with Dish Support and no one can come up with any kind of an answer!

The problem with not recording GMA has nothing to do with the receivers. If everything else records properly then it is the info that dish receives about GMA and it sets the recording to that. Just set a manual timer and forget about the rest.

This is the same thing over and over again dish csr's have no clue. I've talked to advanced tech on the retailer side and their clueless also. The problem with tech support, they look at all problems as hardware a issue , not a problem with tribune media guide info or a software issue. Have set up GMA as a manual timer for 2 weeks now and it works just fine. Fireguy32 and I are the ones with the problem of GMA not recording. I appreciate all the advice but as willie177 said set up manual timer problem solved. THE END

This is the same thing over and over again dish csr's have no clue. I've talked to advanced tech on the retailer side and their clueless also. The problem with tech support, they look at all problems as hardware a issue , not a problem with tribune media guide info or a software issue. Have set up GMA as a manual timer for 2 weeks now and it works just fine. Fireguy32 and I are the ones with the problem of GMA not recording. I appreciate all the advice but as willie177 said set up manual timer problem solved. THE END
Set up the manual timer and no joy! Problem NOT solved, and not the end! One good day and back to the same old problem. Erroe code 005. Lost almost the whole program today. Only recorded the first 15 min then cut off. Next suggestion please.

Set up the manual timer and no joy! Problem NOT solved, and not the end! One good day and back to the same old problem. Erroe code 005. Lost almost the whole program today. Only recorded the first 15 min then cut off. Next suggestion please.

Did you set the manual timer correctly, Record every day, time ect. Did you try recording all 3 tuners. Did you look up the error code? this error code could mean loss of signal. Try recording all 3 tuners and see which one works and which one does not. this will tell you what to look for next. This sounds like it is signal loss.

Did you set the manual timer correctly, Record every day, time ect. Did you try recording all 3 tuners. Did you look up the error code? this error code could mean loss of signal. Try recording all 3 tuners and see which one works and which one does not. this will tell you what to look for next. This sounds like it is signal loss.
The 005 code is a smart card not authorized to view or record. Set up only one timer, I will try the other tuner. If I understand you correctly, the third tuner would be for OTA and I receive all channels from the satellite, so only the two tuners would come into play. Please correct me if I'm wrong (once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken). Anyway, I'll give it a try- I'll try anything at this point. Maybe waving a black cat in a paper bag at midnight and some incantations would work. Next step from DISH is another visit from a field supervisor. We will see.......

The 005 code is a smart card not authorized to view or record. Set up only one timer, I will try the other tuner. If I understand you correctly, the third tuner would be for OTA and I receive all channels from the satellite, so only the two tuners would come into play. Please correct me if I'm wrong (once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken). Anyway, I'll give it a try- I'll try anything at this point. Maybe waving a black cat in a paper bag at midnight and some incantations would work. Next step from DISH is another visit from a field supervisor. We will see.......

the 005 code also means signal loss according to dish. I guess you are saying you do not have an OTA antenna hooked up? Try recording the SD channel of of dish as well as the HD if you can. I have an OTA antenna hooked up to my so I can record 3 things at once. The black cat might scare it to death so don't try it lol. Also make sure you are not loosing power at anytime and change the update time to earlier in the night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)