722 OTA DVR Timers for New...

GNASH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Between Kalamazoo & GR. MI
Hi all,

We have several shows that we have setup to record on the OTA Tuner when they are new episodes (Criminal Minds and CSI: New York are 2 this evening). Overall it has done a really good job of only pulling in the new episodes.

I understand that Dish is NOT responsible for the Guide Info as that comes from Tribune Media Services, so incorrect info in the guide falls on them. However, the issue I noticed this evening does NOT involve "bad" guide information.

Here is the issue: We have it set to record "New Episodes." For both shows, the guide information gives the correct description for the episode, which aired back in October. In the description it doesn't say it is new, nor does the Original Air Date reflect it as being new (Today's Date, it shows the October Date).

Does the OTA Tuner in the 722 (or the 622) pay attention to "New Episodes" like the Sat Tuner 1 and 2 do??? I have not noticed either of those recording "Old Episodes" when it is set for "New Episodes."
I haven't paid a lot of attention to this in the past, just a little curious as to why it recorded both of these "Old Episodes."

Thanks,
Geoff

Just a note, last week through Tuesday of this week Criminal Minds had a new show listed, then late yesterday the program info changed to a rerun, I can see where the timer set when it thought it was a new show. I thought I was incorrect about the programming change but zap2it confirmed I was correct

Bob

Just a note, last week through Tuesday of this week Criminal Minds had a new show listed, then late yesterday the program info changed to a rerun, I can see where the timer set when it thought it was a new show. I thought I was incorrect about the programming change but zap2it confirmed I was correct

Bob

Thanks,

I didn't think about a programming change in the Guide between last night and last week. That would explain why it recorded the show even though it was old (I have noticed that when a change is made in the guide after it downloads, it doesn't update timers).

Geoff

I believe it goes by the "episode #" and/or "original air date". If one or both is missing, it takes the safe route and records the episode. It doesn't know, so it's better to have you delete than for it not to record it at all.

I believe it goes by the "episode #" and/or "original air date". If one or both is missing, it takes the safe route and records the episode. It doesn't know, so it's better to have you delete than for it not to record it at all.
Both showed as older episodes, so I believe the other theory (about guide info changing) is correct. I do agree with you about the date (or episode number being the trigger, but both were listed (and as far as I can remember, correct).

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)