722 PCM Audio Complete 'Loss'

brentp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
OK - got my 722 a few weeks ago. I noticed late last week once that I lost all audio on 'TV1' from all the SD satellite channels. TV2, HD channels and OTA digital channels were OK. Next day - everything was working so let it be.

Last night this happened again. Only this time I spend a bit of time to trying to isolate the source. I noticed that every time I switch to an 'SD' channel, my audio receiver would detect a PCM stream and switch over from Digital. It was only the channels that were outputting a PCM audio steam that had the issue (all the SD channels). All the HD and OTA channels were outputting DD, even the ones that were simply stereo (DD 2.0) - so they were OK.

So, . . . I power cycled my audio receiver - puff - the audio is back for the PCM stream!!

So - I can get around this, . . . but obviously my audio receiver is getting into some mode where it can no longer properly accept a PCM stream. As best I can tell, this is occurring after watching an HD PVR show earlier in the night (I believe this was done both times). Something is coming out of the 722 that my audio receiver doesn't like.

Anyone else having issues like this or is this a known bug????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)