722 Problems

vodad

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
So my 722 is starting to have some problems. Mainly when watching TV if you pause it for say 5 mins and then hit play, it will jump to live TV. It also does this if you are recording something and then start the recording before it is done, it will play for about 10 seconds and then jump to live TV.

Has anyone else been having issues, I thought I read somewhere about simular problems and maybe a software fix, but cant remember where I saw that at.

Thanks

have you rebooted your receiver lately?

I came home last night and my roomate was mad at E, her receiver wouldnt respond to the remote. I rebooted it and all was fine........

have you rebooted your receiver lately?

I came home last night and my roomate was mad at E, her receiver wouldnt respond to the remote. I rebooted it and all was fine........

I tried all the usual things to fix it, nothing works. I think the drive may be going, at least I recorded chuck on this one and the one in the bedroom or I would be ticked, I started watching it 30 minutes into sundays episode and it jumped forward and stopped recording.

I'm having the exact same issues. Started a week ago after receiving L623?? First time it happened the box shut off and wouldn't come back on. Left it unplugged for an hour, plugged it back in and it worked for about 30 minutes. Then shut off again?? Left it unplugged for a few hours, came back on and stayed on. However now the dvr functions as you had stated. Try to pause, will pause but when trying to resume will jump forward to live tv. Weird thing is it will work fine for one day then malfunction the next. Has been doing that since Sunday. Really don't want to call Dish to get a new refurbed box with different issues! Hope someone has some suggestions?? Going to try replacing the hard drive to see if that works...

I'm having the exact same issues. ..... Really don't want to call Dish to get a new refurbed box with different issues! Hope someone has some suggestions?? Going to try replacing the hard drive to see if that works...
If you open the Dish box, you will have a problem if you ever return it to Dish. Why not move the programs to an EHD and get a refurb. from Dish? That's a lot less hassle that what you are talking about IMO.

Update!

Installed a new hard drive (Wednesday) and the unit has been running fine since, 5 days and counting! Reason I did not want to call Dish is like Bob stated, "if its just a drive issue the refub box may have other problems.. refurb receivers can be a PIA." Since the unit was working great except for the DVR function, I didn't want to get a refurb that usually comes with additional issues. (past experiences)
Funny thing is, I checked with family and friends that have the 722 and 4 of them have experienced the EXACT same issue within the past week and a half! All of the receivers are different age so that leads me to believe that an update may be the culprit. I have been with Dish for 10 years and it seems the only time the receiver has bugged out has been when they released updates. Could be coincidence, but who knows....

Mine was working fine last night, I will see if it continues, if not they can send me a new one.

My 622 may be going back to them when we get our new pricing next month.

three duo recievers will be a little too steap a price to pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts