722 signal loss,but not 522?

rhdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
First , I am in Corpus Christi,Texas. I expected some signal loss due to storms passing through. The funny thing is I lose signal on my 722, but not the 522 on the same channel. The signal meters are pretty close last time I checked(good weather at the time). Is the 722 a bit more senstive to signal breakup. I do have the OTA signals hooked up also in case that means anything.

I have 1 dish which for the 110/119 and the second pointed to 61.5 located 2 feet from each other with a rg6 between them of about 4 feet. both TVs see all thre sats. One feed for the 722 no sharing, and a second for the 522 shared with 2 TVs.

I have 1 dish which for the 110/119 and the second pointed to 61.5 located 2 feet from each other with a rg6 between them of about 4 feet. both TVs see all thre sats. One feed for the 722 no sharing, and a second for the 522 shared with 2 TVs.

what i would do if i were you:

swap the 2 recievers around temporarily (you only need to connect tv1) to see if the symptom follows the reciever.

check any splices in the sat feed from where the 722 is back to the dish (wall plates/ground blocks, splices, whatever). they must ALL have the blue centers in them. look for water damage loose fittings etc.

if you still cant find anything wrong, suspect the LNB.

The channel on the 722 could be an HD channel on 129 mapped down to the SD channel number while the 522 is seeing the SD channel on 119 or 110.

Thanks. The problem seems to have cleared. we still have storms rolling through, but signal is holding on all sats! I will check when weather clears, thanks for the advise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)