722 skipping recordings on OTA locals

bchandler02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
I've got a strange problem. My 722 is suddenly not picking up certain recordings on local OTA channels. For example, tonight's episode of NCIS should be picked up, as I have a timer to record all episodes on that channel. However, it completely ignores it, even though I can see it in the guide. If I view the details of the timer, it does not show up there even as a skipped recording. It's doing this on all of my local OTA HD channels. However, if I go edit the timer and change it to New only, and then back to all episodes, it then instanly sees the shows and sets the recording.

So far, I have tried rebooting the box twice, as well as rescanning for local HD signals. Is this a known issue, anything I can try to fix it, or time to call dish and do yet another swap?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne.../176227-ota-timer-scheduling-disappeared.html

You're not the only one. I think It's something on Dish's end. 2 of my OTA channels switched broadcast frequency at the DTV switch and act the same as your's. I've tried everything and nothing works. I even pulled the OTA module on my 722k, deleted all OTA timers and channels. Rebooted and used the unit without the module for a while. Then put it back in and scanned for channels. Still the same.

At this time, the only thing I know to tell you is to use "once" or "weekly" recordings until they get it figured out. You could also call or send Dish an email backing the rest of us up. The more complaints they get, the better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)