Sacramento Locals

Tobar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Whatever happened to the Sacramento Locals in HD? Every time I go to channesl 3, 10, 13, 40 and 58 in the evening after 5pm I get two screens. 1st the transponder screen and then the screen changes to the "we are working on it" screen. During the day the channels snap right up and are working fine. it's in the evening that the HD broacdcasts and OTA disappear. The SD part of their channels do appear during the evening. Should I be concerned or are they "working on it"?

What is your signal strength on 110W, transponder 18? Menu 611 will tell you. I live in the foothills southeast of you and with a signal strength of 50+, the HD locals comes in fine.
I used to get those screens until I got my trees trimmed to give me a stronger signal.

I was told by DN that "we are working on it" isn't a problem on their end but a problem on your end. Supposedly it's supposed to trigger a call to re-aim your dish, but it doesn't. I had that screen earlier this spring, waited 4 days, and then called. They sent someone to re-aim my dish and it fixed the problem. When I asked for 4 days credit, they said they wouldn't do it because the problem was on my end. I told them all I did was abide by their screen saying that they were fixing the problem. Got my 4 days credit!

I was having sporadic dropouts and was getting a similar on screen message on locals that were on 119 over a week ago, but i think it was a problem on their end because it cleared up. Sounds like you dish needs to be adjusted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)