722 to 211k ehd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Al Fischer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
Clovis, Calif
I understand that we cannot transfer a file from a 722 EHD to a 211k and view it.

What is the reaseon for this?

I have both receivers and thought when I got the 211k for use in my RV that I would be able to take some of the shows that were recorded on the 722 with us on a trip.

Is it a technical reason or political? :confused:

Both receivers are on the same account and the 211k normally resides in the bedroom.

The coding is different since it isn't just a transfer device. It is morphing the 211k into a DVR so I guess that they have to talk to units differently. That would be my guess and doubt we have tech developers for E* on here (could be wrong on that).

Do a search. The difference in file format has been discussed in other threads. Several in the Hopper Zone where posters were asking the smae question as to why.

I understand that we cannot transfer a file from a 722 EHD to a 211k and view it.

What is the reaseon for this?

I have both receivers and thought when I got the 211k for use in my RV that I would be able to take some of the shows that were recorded on the 722 with us on a trip.

Is it a technical reason or political? :confused:

Both receivers are on the same account and the 211k normally resides in the bedroom.

I will need to activate the EHD code on your account to work with your 211k.There is a one time fee of $40.00. Would you send me a private message I can assist you further.

The ViP211/K/411 are not HD DVRs, they are HD receivers. EHD functionality turns them into a single-tuner DVR, however they are still not in the same family as the 612/622/722/722K/922/Hopper/Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)