722 to 211k ehd

Al Fischer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
Clovis, Calif
I understand that we cannot transfer a file from a 722 EHD to a 211k and view it.

What is the reaseon for this?

I have both receivers and thought when I got the 211k for use in my RV that I would be able to take some of the shows that were recorded on the 722 with us on a trip.

Is it a technical reason or political? :confused:

Both receivers are on the same account and the 211k normally resides in the bedroom.

The coding is different since it isn't just a transfer device. It is morphing the 211k into a DVR so I guess that they have to talk to units differently. That would be my guess and doubt we have tech developers for E* on here (could be wrong on that).

Do a search. The difference in file format has been discussed in other threads. Several in the Hopper Zone where posters were asking the smae question as to why.

I understand that we cannot transfer a file from a 722 EHD to a 211k and view it.

What is the reaseon for this?

I have both receivers and thought when I got the 211k for use in my RV that I would be able to take some of the shows that were recorded on the 722 with us on a trip.

Is it a technical reason or political? :confused:

Both receivers are on the same account and the 211k normally resides in the bedroom.

I will need to activate the EHD code on your account to work with your 211k.There is a one time fee of $40.00. Would you send me a private message I can assist you further.

The ViP211/K/411 are not HD DVRs, they are HD receivers. EHD functionality turns them into a single-tuner DVR, however they are still not in the same family as the 612/622/722/722K/922/Hopper/Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)