722K cannot see one channel

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
We here in Lubbock Texas have about 10 digital frequencies broadcasting 20 different channels, but there is one that my 722k just will not pull in.

RF channel 33 broadcasts two virtual channels, 32.1 - Fox News Now and 48.1 METV and my 3 ViP211's will all pull it in even using an old Silver Sensor in the back bedroom much less on the two antennas I have above my roofline but my 722k will not see it.

The meters on the 211's run 85 to 97, but there is not even a wiggle of a signal seen on the 722k.

I am sending an email to the general manager of the stations (3 or 4 co-owned RF frequencies broadcast off the same tower about 6 miles away) right after I post this.

There are no amplifiers in the system but there are two two way splitters and second one goes to my Toshiba HDTV tuner which the 722K feeds sees the channel and to the 722k.

I even tried using a Silver Sensor on the 722k, but it still saw all the other channels, but not RF33.

BTY, it was rebooted this afternoon when I was looking for the breaker to our wall oven - I rebooted EVERYTHING!

Both of my HD TiVos see the channel, even the el cheapo Avermedia Volar usb tuner on my PC sees the channel, just not the 722k.

I would like to watch the Ranger games in HD every Friday night in the living room but the 722k just will not co-operate.

Perhaps there is sometihing in the PSIP signal that is just a bit off and the 722k OTA tuner does not like it, I don't know.

Only one thing I can think of to try that I have not done is to shut down the 722k and reseat the OTA tuner - probably willl not work, but I'll try that later.

According to both tvfool.com and antennaweb.org, channel 48.1 is on RF channel 48.

It looks like it may be in transition between being a low power station and a standard power station.

You're so awfully close to your towers, you might consider a simple omni antenna as a directional antenna may bring too much gain.

Jim I've got a 612 that is behaving similarly for me it is channel 47.1 guess what service that is ME TV. The rest of the tuners love that channel but the 612 is like yours "0" signal most of the time. Mine will occasionally pop up in the 70's but a half hour later shows zero again.

No, both channels are off of RF channel 33, RF 48 is the NTSC channel for METV on an analog low power signal, but TS reader shows 32.1 and 48.1 are multiplex on RF 33.

None of my tuners show any digital signal on RF 48.

Raymar had 6 low power NTSC channels here and they are proliferating them as 10 virtual channels over 6 different frequencies while mantaining several of their NTSC LP station as long as possible.

According to both tvfool.com and antennaweb.org, channel 48.1 is on RF channel 48.

It looks like it may be in transition between being a low power station and a standard power station.

You're so awfully close to your towers, you might consider a simple omni antenna as a directional antenna may bring too much gain.
If he tried the silver sensor he reduced the gain from the outside antennas.

I have never seen a case of tuner overload from an unamplified antenna, especially if the signal is split twice.

The antenna the 722k is connected to is a small all channel antenna, probably a Radio Shack or similar (pic below) that was in the attic when we moved in 11 years ago.

I had to move it outside to pick up RF 39 which is about 75 degrees left of the beam of the antenna, it is still irregular, but only 2.5 miles away.

IMAG0296.jpg

I just got an email back from the local station:

"From our engineer... Dish receivers using Sencor tuner circuits have this issue on channel 33. It is the tuners issue. I have sent a stream to them and they are researching the issue. I have worked extensively with dish on this. ATT are using Sencor receivers as well. They are looking at the issue as well. The problem only exist ota ATT has no problems with the asi for the same stream. I have changed exciters and even removed amps from the transmitter the issue is the receivers not our equipment. I have removed or changed every item i can. This problem exist only with these receivers in fact the signal produced by this system is the best signal of all signals we broadcast."

So, I guess Dish and the station are aware of the issue and I'll just have to watch the Rangers from my media room instead of the living room.

Yep same problem I have a Pinnacle card in my PC that can't get them either. I'll try to think about using my Panny HDTV tuner I have for my old 32" CRT that I'm gonna sell in couple of months and see if it gets them. I can also check w/ a VOOM box too.

I just got an email back from the local station:

"From our engineer... Dish receivers using Sencor tuner circuits have this issue on channel 33. It is the tuners issue. I have sent a stream to them and they are researching the issue. I have worked extensively with dish on this. ATT are using Sencor receivers as well. They are looking at the issue as well. The problem only exist ota ATT has no problems with the asi for the same stream. I have changed exciters and even removed amps from the transmitter the issue is the receivers not our equipment. I have removed or changed every item i can. This problem exist only with these receivers in fact the signal produced by this system is the best signal of all signals we broadcast."

So, I guess Dish and the station are aware of the issue and I'll just have to watch the Rangers from my media room instead of the living room.

Can you install a splitter behind the set & feed the TV tuner for using that channel? you won't be able to DVR it, but you'll at least get to watch it...

For the DIRT team - has there been ant progress on this issue?

I am still unable to tune RF channel 33 with my 722k antenna module, my 211's all get it fine, but not the 722k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)