722K crashes

jackhawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Texas
Was having trouble with my 722K locking up and rebooting. Had Dish send me a new one. Once it downloaded updates it started locking down and crashing again within minutes. Signal from dish antenna is good on 119 110 129 and 61.5. I have OTA module and Sling adapter. System info shows no signal losses. Only thing that is strange all values are 0 except Value 1 == 10 and Value 7 == -2. Not sure what these mean but I'm used to seeing Value 4 == -2 and all other values 0. I'm getting tired of all my recordings being interrupted. Any suggestions?

Did you scan for local over the antenna channels? If so, for a test, remove them and disconnect the antenna coax. See if the rebooting/locking up stops, if so, you can go from there in figuring a way to stop them. It's likely to be one of the OTA channels that's weak or flaky in some way signal-wise. This is a very common reason for lockups/reboots that people don't tend to think of.

My 722K has been freezing/locking up and rebooting for several months now. Had it replaced (twice). I never thought the OTA channels would have something to do with it. Why don't DISH support people know to have us check OTA channel signals? And why can't they fix the software so the whole system doesn't crash if a local channel has a weak signal :what

This has always been a problem with the 722k . MY dad has a 722k on my second DISH account for him that was doing this very thing a few weeks back. My ota stations for local Fox 4 was dropping in signal strength below the 70 pt threshold which made the sat receiver lock up and say lost signal . I went in and checked his strengths on his ota locals and deleted the Fox and Bounce channels and the TBN suite of ota channels ,because they all had fluctuating signals strengths that would cause crashes. After doing this ,my Dad said his receiver stopped having crashes and lost signal message pop ups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)