722k Internal Hard Disk Problem

There is the Contour, The Genie, and whatever ATT Verizon Comcast and Time Warner offer, plus SlingTV option. Yet the Hopper and Genie are the two most popular... For good reasons. They are the best on the market.

Thread catch-up.

IMHO the only ones who don't need or want a Hopper are those who haven't had one. :)
I also don't have $19 in fees for 2 TVs.

It's kind of like staying with Windows 98 or XP because it's so reliable. :)
I stay with XP because it doesn't cripple 3rd party software like all the subsequent versions do.

Our Hoppers and the dozens or hundreds that we've installed have been extremely reliable overall.

There might be a few more Hopper software problems than VIP because the VIP software is so old it has been pretty much debugged. It's kind of like staying with Windows 98 or XP because it's so reliable. :)

That's a damn good analogy. I would add in that the hopper may also have more bugs, because there are more features and options. Naturally, it would have to
The main problem that I see, is that Dish HAS NOT corrected all the known bugs while introducing more bugs with these software "upgrades". The rush to add new features before bulletproofing the base code has been causing even more issues.

Reactions: dishrich
The main problem that I see, is that Dish HAS NOT corrected all the known bugs while introducing more bugs with these software "upgrades". The rush to add new features before bulletproofing the base code has been causing even more issues.

Yea, technically the same thing can be said about my Droid Turbo phone and my Windows 8.1 computer. Welcome to 2015. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)