722k L668

lineman20109

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Reva, Va
Looks like some new colors were added to the guide. Gold for the all HD list, green for the all subscribed list, and the old blue for the all channels list. Anyone notice anything else?

ANother $4.00 made up DISH fee for google tv.

DISH, the king of made up "just because we can charge it" FEES!!!

Hey Mike, I did read a new article on Engadget yesterday and it pretty much said Dish would be the only provider with full DVR integration. I would imagine it is doing that over an IP connection to the Dish box. Some sites are trying to say that it is via HDMI, but I think it is impossible to transmit that kind of data information in addition to the actual TV signal over the current spec.

I also wonder how Dish got the content providers to agree to some of this. They are obviously making their DVR's more accessible, by adding IP ports, etc... I guess with Google as your friend, you can do that. I do wish I could have been part of that 400 person beta of this, though.

I know we don't like new fees, but this one will at least add something special to the interface. We all know, however, that Dish should do this for free, because then it gives them a leg up on all the other providers.

I honestly think Dish would be better off cutting a deal with Google to handle the programming of all the DVR's entirely.

If I ever add Google TV, it would be when I had to do a TV Upgrade... At that point, I would probably buy one with it built in.

So is E* getting it free or are they having to pay some $$ too so then passing on & making a profit?

Hey I'm all for profit making ,but come on ! DISH has enough monthly fees now that you can actually pay more for the fees than your monthly programming.

DISH started with DISH/web tv pvrs that had the $9.99 personal tv fee. Thes boxes were bug ridden and had no support by Microsoft and DISH after the legal fight started. Then they got smart and released NO FEE dvrs with the 501/508/721/921 pvrs . DISH actually added more subs back then than any other time in their history. Then Charlie got greedy and started charging for not only the dvr fee but PER DVR receiver on top the additional receiver fees too.

Then when the additional receiver fees got to be to little DISH started charging up to $17.00 per extra dual tuner dvr. Don't forget the $5.00 Tv 2 connection fee that they rolled into the extra receiver fees. Follow that with the new $4.00 sling fee combined with the $6.00 dvr fee . Now we have the $4.00 google fee.

When will it ever stop? How about a $4.00 guide fee for monthly epg data? How about remote control fee for each of your remote controls? How much would that cost you? Do you see where this is leading? You can acutally pay more in monthly extra made up fees that DISH charges than pay for you programming pack especially if you have multiple receivers on your account.

Hey I'm all for profit making ,but come on ! DISH has enough monthly fees now that you can actually pay more for the fees than your monthly programming.

DISH started with DISH/web tv pvrs that had the $9.99 personal tv fee. Thes boxes were bug ridden and had no support by Microsoft and DISH after the legal fight started. Then they got smart and released NO FEE dvrs with the 501/508/721/921 pvrs . DISH actually added more subs back then than any other time in their history. Then Charlie got greedy and started charging for not only the dvr fee but PER DVR receiver on top the additional receiver fees too.

Then when the additional receiver fees got to be to little DISH started charging up to $17.00 per extra dual tuner dvr. Don't forget the $5.00 Tv 2 connection fee that they rolled into the extra receiver fees. Follow that with the new $4.00 sling fee combined with the $6.00 dvr fee . Now we have the $4.00 google fee.

When will it ever stop? How about a $4.00 guide fee for monthly epg data? How about remote control fee for each of your remote controls? How much would that cost you? Do you see where this is leading? You can acutally pay more in monthly extra made up fees that DISH charges than pay for you programming pack especially if you have multiple receivers on your account.
excellent post :up

no answer?

You ranted but didn't answer my question. It was do you think that E* is getting it free?

You ranted but didn't answer my question. It was do you think that E* is getting it free?

Obviously NOT , but that doesn't justify extra made up fees that DISH has that no one else doesn't. I am sure that Google is getting quite a lot out of the deal when you consider subs will buy the google box at Best Buy and not DISH. The fee is pure profit because I am sure that the guide data and viewing & search habits will be sold to Google , creating more revenue for DISH. But you miss the point I was making in the post. DISH is going down the fee jacking path making their service non competitive and creating bills for subs where the extra fees outnumber the cost of basic programming packs.

My 211 also has the different colors for the guide (software L561), but I can't find any mention of this update on line anywhere, anybody else have it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts