722K Lock up

Gaw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
My 722K has locked up (cannot call guide up or change channels) 3 times in the last 3 days and I have to reset it. After the reset, it works just fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on?

My 722K has locked up (cannot call guide up or change channels) 3 times in the last 3 days and I have to reset it. After the reset, it works just fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on?

It sounds like the receiver is failing. You can try plugging the receiver into another outlet, and make sure that it has good airflow (so it doesn't overheat), but if problems continue we can get you a replacement receiver sent out.

If you need a replacement, send me a private message with your phone number or account number and I'll get you taken care of :D

I'm assuming the ehdd means some kind of external hard drive? If so, how do I do this and what kind of connectors do I need?

I had the same problem when I started up yesterday. The guide came up and I couldn't get rid of it, I turned the receiver off and the guide stayed on the screen. I finally did a hard reset and when the unit came back on everything was fine.

I'm assuming the ehdd means some kind of external hard drive? If so, how do I do this and what kind of connectors do I need?
Buy an external hard disc drive w/a USB 2 connector(w/power supply). Then hook it up to the USB out on the 722k. It will automatic recognize it and ask to format it. Once that is done you can move the vids to it. BTW I use the full term of EHDD to keep it from being confused w/ HD (high def). Get at least 500 Gb but I suggest you might want to go 1Tb. I use a docking station for mine so can change out the sata HDD w/o switching the docking station. Do the hard reboot as that never hurts.

Since Feb there has been no charge to activate an ehd on the 722 series. You can have as many as you want. But only 1 can be powered up at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)