722k not downloading EPG automatically

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
The guide data just runs out every few days, asking me to download the new data manually.

Isn't it supposed to do this automatically?

Also, where is the sticky that lists the current SW versions for each model? I know there used to be something like that on here somewhere. Mine is L668. Is that the newest for the 722k?

Here's the list of current software. Tech : Current Software
As to why your guide doesn't update, my guess would be that you're not seeing the satellite that the 8 day guide comes from. But that's only a guess.

pweezil's diagnosis sounds pretty good. What satellites are you seeing and do any of the transponders seem to be in the red?

I see 110, 118, 119, and 129, which is all the major ones for my nape of the neck. But, if i can download the 8-day guide manually, doesn't it mean I'm seeing whatever I need to see?
What sat and TP should I be looking for in the setup screen?

Also, that chart says both L668 and L669 are current. Why would it have two current SW versions?

My 622 has been missing guide updates a lot for the past couple of months. At first I thought it was my dishes going out of alignment because I did have some low signal strengths, but then I got an Eastern Arc dish and things look pretty good, and it's still done it twice.

Any chance you have 2 timers that either start or extend through the scheduled download time? That may explain why it would work manually but not automatically.

I believe it does, though I can't guarantee it. At the time that you notice that you don't have a full guide, you could set the automatic download to happen a few minutes after the current time and see if it does the guide too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts