722K receiver SBT reboot problems

leah00

Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
Missouri
I need some help. I'm so frustrated with Dish right now! I've been with them for over 10 years and I've never been so close to switching!

Here's my story:

A few weeks ago we were getting a new roof put on our house and so we had to have someone from Dish come over to put our actual dish back up. The person I spoke with from Dish told me I needed to upgrade because our receiver was older and not HD. I did not want to because we hadn't had any problems with that receiver and we had a lot of saved movies and shows for our kids on the DVR. They kept transferring me to other people to talk me into it and finally I gave in and said ok...
So the new receiver and dish were hooked up and everything seemed ok. A couple days later we realized that our shows and movies that we were setting to record were not showing up. When we looked at the schedule it said "stopped by STB reboot." So we called Dish and they were very unhelpful with the whole "this is not a known issue" and "unplug it and plug it back in". Of course nothing worked. We called again and they sent us a replacement receiver...
Replacement was hooked up last week and STILL has the exact same issue! I called last night (the 4th time I've called about the same issue) and was told again that it was not a known issue and that they really didn't know what to do. The person I spoke with said "We'd be happy to send you a third replacement." Are you kidding me??? I asked what I should do if this third receiver has the same issue and she said "I really don't know...I guess you could try another satellite system." :eek:

Help!

I've googled this issue and I found the post from 2010 and read through it....the problem is that I'm an idiot and I have no idea what anything means. Could someone please give me some tips but dumb it down quite a bit for me?

This is what's happening: If we are home watching TV, everything works great. No problems. It's only after we turn the TV off that the problems start. If the TV has been off more that an hour or so, nothing will record. It will give us the "stopped by STB reboot" message. If we happen to turn the TV on during the time something was set to record it will start up right then.
Also, everytime we turn the TV on it seems to take a while for the satellite to start back up. We won't have any guide information.

Ideas?? Thank you!

Last edited:
My gut says the problem is at the Dish or somewhere in between that happened when it was remounted. Also, find the standby setting in the menu and disable it (always active/on). Maybe something is happening while in standby, and has nothing to do with the TV. Also, have you checked your signal strength on each sat?

Last edited:
Oh, and cease and desist calling Dish. You should run this through Dirt (Dish Internet Response Team). Members are in RED at the bottom of the Forum page. Send them a PM.

Thank you. I disabled the standby setting and I set a couple of things to record later today while I'm at work. I really hope that works.

The signal strength seems fine... I feel like it can't be a signal or power issue because we've not had any problems when we are home watching TV.
It has to be somehow connected to the TV being off or, like you said, the standby.

I called Dish to try and cancel the 3rd receiver but they said it was too late. Grr. I've got receivers coming out of my ears!!

Ok, that did NOT work. :(

I'm so frustrated. I don't know what else to do.

Don't blame you for that! Very weird! MaryB from DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) is available right now. Got to the top of this page, left side--click on Forum (it's in yellow) & go all the way down 'til you see here name in red. Click on it and send her a personal email explaining the problem. She'll get you taken care of! Good luck!

Ed

Thank you. I disabled the standby setting and I set a couple of things to record later today while I'm at work. I really hope that works.

The signal strength seems fine... I feel like it can't be a signal or power issue because we've not had any problems when we are home watching TV.
It has to be somehow connected to the TV being off or, like you said, the standby.

I called Dish to try and cancel the 3rd receiver but they said it was too late. Grr. I've got receivers coming out of my ears!!

Send me a PM with your full name, account number and pin number. We need to have a tech back out. I believe something in the install is causing all of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)