722k recordings getting "cut off"

I created a thread several weeks ago on this same subject. I've had it happen 4 or 5 times in the past several months. I missed the last 20 minutes of the American Idol finale. You talk about pissing the wife off. She could have thrown the remote through the tv. And it happened again last night on an episode of Chicago Code that was recorded 3 or 4 weeks ago (I know, it's been cancelled). But it's really starting to get old.

One factor with respect to submitting receiver logs is timeliness. Apparently for the logs to be of possible use in diagnosing the problem, they must be submitted "soon" after the offending recording is made. (I am speculating that the logs are constantly being created and replacing older logs???)

I wonder if the logs get deleted when the history gets deleted. My 5-16-2011 corrupt recording was next in line to disappear from history the other day. The history (and hopefully logs) from the 5-22-2011 recording should still be there for a few more days.

I created a thread several weeks ago on this same subject. I've had it happen 4 or 5 times in the past several months. I missed the last 20 minutes of the American Idol finale. You talk about pissing the wife off. She could have thrown the remote through the tv. And it happened again last night on an episode of Chicago Code that was recorded 3 or 4 weeks ago (I know, it's been cancelled). But it's really starting to get old.

The Chicago Code from 5-16-2011 ended early for me. Was this the same episode you had a problem with?

Mike88 said:
The Chicago Code from 5-16-2011 ended early for me. Was this the same episode you had a problem with?

No, it was the 5-02-2011 episode, I'm way behind. I still have the 5-16-2011 episode on my DVR that I haven't watched yet. I had to get on the computer to finish the last 26 minutes that got cut off.

I have had the same problem too with my 722K. It happens at random times, so I never know until I go to watch the recording. It has happen to me in a while, but like another poster said, when it does it's a real PIA.

Ghpr13:mad:

To help get this problem fixed, I need the following information sent to me in a PM from anyone who has had this problem, and is willing:

1) What was the name of the program, what channel was it "recorded" on, and at what time?

2) How long does the recording say it is in the "My Recordings" menu? How long does the event play for before it stops? We're looking for the difference in the times.

3) Is your receiver connected via broadband? If yes, how is it connected (Wireless adapter, direct ethernet, powerline BB connector)?

You're one of the lucky ones. Our old 772K could do this 20 times a week at least (that's when it finally went back to E*). You never knew what show you were going to get to see all of? Now our second box, about 2 months old, has done it twice in the last 2 weeks.

I also have the problem of, after certain nightly updates, the box will be slow as hell. You hit the Guide button and it comes up 20 seconds later. Then you hit the up or down button to go to the next screen and it changes some seconds later. Highlight a show to watch, yep. Set a timer on a highlighted show, yep. Then I get the next night's update and it's back to normal again.

Oh well?

It's been a while but it happened again last Sunday. Was an OTA recording with nothing else being recorded at the same time, or immediately before it or after it.

I uploaded the logfiles as previously arranged with Dish's Michael S. and also emailed him. This was also done on Sunday.

I am currently waiting to hear back from him.

It's been a while, but just had a similar situation -
I recorded an OTA program and about 15 minutes into the program it skipped ahead about 15 minutes. It just jumped ahead, sort of like unexpectedly jumping to the end of program. And of course no way of retrieving the missing portion.

Earlier in the program I got a Dish message about partial signal loss. But there was no such message when the 15 minute dropout occurred.

Previously when I've had a signal loss issue the picture gets pixelated and/or freezes for a short period. I've never experienced a skip in the middle of a program. The weather was clear by me & since this was OTA that eliminates any satellite issues. That means it must have been a CBS transmitting problem. Maybe the small signal loss turned into a real big one.

It happened again last night. I guess the firmware fix did not do the job.

My wife was watching "The Voice" & the recording stopped playing 10 minutes before the end.

This happened to us last night while watching Jeopardy, it stopped 11 minutes before the end. I noticed a similar problems last week when trying to watch NCIS:Los Angeles, it stopped after one minute but I started it again and it played all the way to the end. Both programs were recorded on a VIP722k dvr, Jeopardy on the local ABC affiliate off of the Satellite NCIS:Los Angeles off of the local CBS affiliate ota channel.

Just thought I put my two cents in.

My 722k does it about twice a month. Luckily, I have found the programs on the internet and watched them on my PC. I will make notes the next time and send them to DIRT.

It's happened to me twice during the last week, both times on TNT. About 15 minutes into a 70 minute recording it jumps to the end. The first program I was able to catch a re-broadcast & get it, but not with the second program. I tried to watch the second one, "Perception", on TNT.com which is available because of their partnership with DISH. But the streaming would hang up after several of the commercials that you had to watch. So I gave up on that.

FWIW this is with a new 722k which I got about 2 months ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)