722k recordings getting "cut off"

Dish has been totally unsuccessful in correcting this long time issue with the 722K. Years ago they put me in touch with an engineer to use my 722k's logs and to receive my 722k with the defective recordings. They completely fouled up the effort. Over a year ago the Dirt team puffed on their chests and said they'd get into it... I just had a nother recording from Monday incate an hour and four minutes in length... with 57 minutes left it jumps to the end screen.

Total ineptness and a lack of concern for the customer being demonstrated by Dish.

I'm a long time customer and usually a dish cheerleader, but on this issue they've totally dropped the ball!

I tried to record something the other day and ended up with a 1-second long recording. Had to resort to finding an SD-quality torrent of the show.

So this problem persists and yet no interest by Dish or anyone else in this thread after a another year?

The difference in an issue persisting and an issue occurring to some, is a persisting issue would affect a whole large crowd of people. If it is recurring with a single person or a small group of people it could be the receiver itself, maybe the production group, manufacturerd parts in that specific lot# or anything else. The issue states here, I haven't seen to many people say their affected by it recently, on any of the platforms, except for one other individual on a Hopper system. Are you able to change the start early end late times, and change the priorities to shows affected?

Same problem is really getting me PO'ed, does this type of problem plague the Hopper's? Just spent a week away from home and had use of a Direct system and no such problems surfaced.

This happens to me every once in a great while too. I think I have had 3 722k receivers in my time.

Add me to the list. Fox sports Ohio (151 I believe), recording Ultimate fighter and have it extended. The recording shows a full recording but jumps to the end at around the 45th minute. It's happened to a few other shows. Hardwired to broadband. Sorry don't have my account info nor the software version handy.

Just wanted to say that i'm also experiencing this with my 722k. A minor nuisance for sure.

Does this happen with the hopper too?

I've had the same thing happen a few times with our 722K as well, though not lately. Like some others, I think it may be tied to the OTA module.

We have experienced problems more recently when recording off of a Dish tuner and the OTA simultaneously. The OTA recording is there, but the Dish recording is a black screen. Unplugging the unit resets things, but now we don't trust recording from the OTA module anymore for fear of screwing up a Dish recording. Kind of defeats the purpose of having an OTA module.

Also, tuning to a weak signal on an OTA channel often screws up Dish channels later, requiring a "hard reboot."

Reactions: pattykay
Happened again to me a couple of days ago. Recorded Shark Tank, new episode. Recording was 1:05 long with 2 minute Start Early and 3 minute end late.
After three minutes the video skipped to the end.
For the nay sayers that don't have the smarts o read the entire thread, this was a "Known Issue" to Dish years ago. They had the issue on the 722k assigned to an engineer. He was transferred to another task. They have probably replaced my 722k over ten times so far. It has happened on OTA recording, Sat recordings, when multiple recordings were in progress, when a single recording was in progress.
In one case they had me RMA receiver to them with an example of the problem and Dish mistakenly erased it on receipt.
Dirt folks and others have repeatedly promised action and they have never, not once, followed thru!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts