722K Screen Shots and Initial Setup Thoughts

Its taking mine forever too. First time they sent another 722.

Well, hopefully the 722 is replaced by 'K's' now. At leas it's my understanding that is the plan.

What's worse is if I go to my DN account online, there is no entry for when (or if) the new one shipped, and no tracking number.
But as I said previously, the few times I've switched receivers new ones always showed up in a few days, so tracking them
was never necessary. Guess I'll call tomorrow just to see if it has shipped.

Last edited:
Ok, my little problem seems to be back. I turned on my TV1 setup using my Harmony remote tonight, and the 'Press and hold '0' to enter System Wizard' message was back. I checked out my TV1 and TV2 remotes, and they were both configured properly. Any idea why the System Wizard prompt would start showing up again? Has anyone else seen this?

I got a new 722k in exchange for my old 622 (HDMI did not work) last week. Everything works fine so far but I have one thing that bothers me and I wonder if any of you know of a solution.

Whenever I switch the receiver to an HD channel a blue light (HD) comes up at the front of the receiver. It is somewhat annoying to me and even more important, it annoys my wife. Anyone knows if the light can be switched off WITHOUT switching to a SD channel?

Thanks

I called last night, DN claims their status shows my receiver is in transit, but could not tell me the exact day it was shipped. It's been just a week now. Worse case, I do the Dish CEO email on Monday if still a no show.
I have a Harmony remote, I will give some feedback with regards to any problems with the 722k once I finally get it.

I got a new 722k in exchange for my old 622 (HDMI did not work) last week. Everything works fine so far but I have one thing that bothers me and I wonder if any of you know of a solution.

Whenever I switch the receiver to an HD channel a blue light (HD) comes up at the front of the receiver. It is somewhat annoying to me and even more important, it annoys my wife. Anyone knows if the light can be switched off WITHOUT switching to a SD channel?

Thanks

Where the HD Blue light is the door, you may have to press the top part and it will open, you can either put a piece of tape over the blue light so you don't see it, or as I did, I put a piece of plain white paper over it and the blue light still shows up but it is not as bright. The blue light on my 722K stays on all the time.

I called last night, DN claims their status shows my receiver is in transit, but could not tell me the exact day it was shipped. It's been just a week now. Worse case, I do the Dish CEO email on Monday if still a no show.
I have a Harmony remote, I will give some feedback with regards to any problems with the 722k once I finally get it.

I ordered mine on the 11th...still no shipping info on order status link. I called and was told they are still in the 7-10 business day window. So they will give no help until you go over 10 days.

Where the HD Blue light is the door, you may have to press the top part and it will open, you can either put a piece of tape over the blue light so you don't see it, or as I did, I put a piece of plain white paper over it and the blue light still shows up but it is not as bright. The blue light on my 722K stays on all the time.

will do, thanks

I ordered mine on the 11th...still no shipping info on order status link. I called and was told they are still in the 7-10 business day window. So they will give no help until you go over 10 days.

Well, I called on the eve of the 7th day, and that's when they gave me the status it is in transit. It seems like if they could tell that, they would know when it shipped.
If the 722k is being held up do to shortages or high demand, they should say so.
I am not sure whether to believe the status in my online account..if I do shipping is still pending!

Its taking mine forever too. First time they sent another 722.

That happened to me also. It took about 10 or 11 days for the wrong 722 to arrive.

After further consideration I decided to just return the 722 and not re-order the 722k, especially when they wanted me to pony up another $104.99. I think that conversation took about 30 minutes.

Today I called, after looking at my new bill (to be charged on 3/25 to my cc) and see they had either not received or not recognized what they had received yet. I did not, my mistake, write down the UPS tracking number on the tag they provide so there is no way for me to see when it has arrived.

I just know it is going to take me a few more calls until this is resolved. The person on the line did say he would credit the OTA tuner charge. I am a patient person and I will just wait another week and then make the next call, after seeing if the $75.00 Upgrade fee has been credited yet. That will be 13 full working days, plus the afternoon it was shipped. I just have the feeling it is going to take a supervisor level conversation to eventually get this resolved. I at least put in the shipment a letter explaining they sent the wrong receiver. Nothing was opened.

I just want to ge mine resolved over the next week. Will be going out town the following week for while.
If I get a basic 722 I will do the same, send it back. Basically, my 622 works fine and I use OTA.
This is not a deal-breaker, I just wished they would level with me as to what's happening. I've already paid for the upgrade.

In the never-ending tale, I am now into the 12th day, and no 722k. I chatted with online support last night, they had no new status and told me to call tomorrow and ask for the Executive Resolution Department, seriously!
I've never waited longer than 5 days for hardware, and always got a response within 24hrs when doing the CEO at DN email thing. After 10 years, I guess there's always the first time!

Tomorrow makes 14 days for me. Still no shipping info. I plan on calling tomorrow. They must be having a supply issue that they are not telling us about.

Tomorrow makes 14 days for me. Still no shipping info. I plan on calling tomorrow. They must be having a supply issue that they are not telling us about.

It's ridiculous! Obviously somebody dropped the ball big time! I called again today, they tell me they have their 'RA resolution' team working on it and I should have a response within 48 hrs. They know about my order, but are embarrassed to admit they have no idea what happened to the shipment.
I've been with Dish for 10 years, basically good service. If I was a new customer today, I'd be calling back to cancel.
I did the emails to CEO too, and no response. Oh well, at least my 622 keeps humming away. If they had not already charged my CC I would be even less concerned.

I have a friend who just got E* installed this weekend, they have a 722K and I was really impressed.. The HD looked real good (they have a West Arc setup) The picture was very sharp and clear and I was impressed compaired to their HD on cable they had prior.

Fast refund?

I just know it is going to take me a few more calls until this is resolved. The person on the line did say he would credit the OTA tuner charge. I am a patient person and I will just wait another week and then make the next call, after seeing if the $75.00 Upgrade fee has been credited yet. That will be 13 full working days, plus the afternoon it was shipped. I just have the feeling it is going to take a supervisor level conversation to eventually get this resolved. I at least put in the shipment a letter explaining they sent the wrong receiver. Nothing was opened.

That would be a really fast refund. It took over 3 wks for my refund.

It's ridiculous! Obviously somebody dropped the ball big time! I called again today, they tell me they have their 'RA resolution' team working on it and I should have a response within 48 hrs. They know about my order, but are embarrassed to admit they have no idea what happened to the shipment.
I've been with Dish for 10 years, basically good service. If I was a new customer today, I'd be calling back to cancel.
I did the emails to CEO too, and no response. Oh well, at least my 622 keeps humming away. If they had not already charged my CC I would be even less concerned.

I was told today that I should get my 722k tomorrow or friday...this is from the Executive Resolution Department. The first CSR told me to wait 7 more days! I told him to transfer my call. We will see what happens.

I was told today that I should get my 722k tomorrow or friday...this is from the Executive Resolution Department. The first CSR told me to wait 7 more days! I told him to transfer my call. We will see what happens.

Did you order the OTA module plus the 722k? Just curious, at least if our orders are mixed up we will get the same thing... LOL
keep in touch..they said it takes the RA team 24-48 hrs...So I will call back tomorrow..yes, if you talk to different CSRs the story can change.
I am really miffed about no email replies..I was very cordial too..maybe that's the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts