722K turning off due to inactivity!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
My 722k has started turning off in the middle of a football game with a message that it is due to inactivity because I was not channel hopping or whatever. This has only been doing this since the last update or maybe two. Does anyone know how to turn this off. I do not like my 722k turning off in the middle of my football games.

Yeah, thanks. I do remember when I set up the 722k that I had set it on Disable, but after many reboots, I guess it changed to the ridiculously low setting of two hours. I changed it back to disable, maybe it will stay for awhile.

A software update (I think it was L751 or later) changed the default inactivity standby from 4 hours to 2 hours, for whatever reason. I had to change it back. So that update probably changed yours from disabled to 2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

A software update (I think it was L751 or later) changed the default inactivity standby from 4 hours to 2 hours, for whatever reason. I had to change it back. So that update probably changed yours from disabled to 2 hours.

Yep, Updates also changed my HD setup from 1080i to 420p two or three times. Just have to check from time to time.

Is there a way to to make the receiver call 911 after 2 hours of inactivity? ...because if I go that long without changing the channel somethin' is wrong!! :D

tedb3rd said:
Is there a way to to make the receiver call 911 after 2 hours of inactivity? ...because if I go that long without changing the channel somethin' is wrong!! :D

Never fall asleep in front of the TV? :D

Why have a feature like this. People who don't fall asleep watching tv, do not want there tv turning off unless they do it and people who fall asleep, usually need the noise to stay asleep. The tv turning off wakes them up.

jerryez said:
Why have a feature like this. People who don't fall asleep watching tv, do not want there tv turning off unless they do it and people who fall asleep, usually need the noise to stay asleep. The tv turning off wakes them up.

Good question. The amount of electricity saved is negligible as well. Something like 3-5 watts difference at most. Also, the ViPs and newer receivers automatically shut down anyway during the nightly reboots, so it can't be that.

The older SD receivers wouldn't get the updates if you left them on. Then again they didn't have an inactivity standby either. So I'm not sure why they chose to change it to 2 hours. 4 hours makes more sense. Oh, well, at least you can turn off the feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)