722k Unwanted Screen Pop Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Not a major issue by any means but every now and then I get this screen to pop up on both my 722k's. Anyone else have this issue? I know what I am watching. Sorry about the quality of the picture but I was in a hurry. Is there a setting in the menu to stop this?:confused:

Attachments

• 100_3526.JPG
    100_3526.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 322
Yep it pops up all by itself. I think I will remove the uhf antenna on both of them. Not using it anyway. Thanks Guys, Very Much! We shall see. That's what the blind man said anyway.:D

Yep it pops up all by itself. I think I will remove the uhf antenna on both of them. Not using it anyway. Thanks Guys, Very Much! We shall see. That's what the blind man said anyway.:D
you should also change your remote address like hifi mentioned. any neighbors that have dish?

No one I know of, maybe across the lake but that would be a stretch!;)

Attachments

• 100_3054.JPG
    100_3054.JPG
    467.3 KB · Views: 183
I thought about that OTA thing, but both receivers and they are on different addresses? Could be I guess. I'll take the antennas off and see what happens. Thanks again.

I've had this happen with 622, 722 and 722k usually when using the TV2 remote. I think there is something "close" in the guts of the remote to another button that registers a press when not actually happening.

I think the issue is caused by the remote. It is firing all by itself on that one issue. Just that one screen. Think about it........Makes sense:confused:

I have a 722 and I have the info screen pop up all the time also. I am using the Logitech 880 remote. I have tried changed the UHF address, removed the UHF antennae, removed the batteries from my UHF remotes, and I still get the pop-up. It is very annoying.

I think the issue is caused by the remote. It is firing all by itself on that one issue. Just that one screen. Think about it........Makes sense:confused:

I am using the all-in-one that came with my Onkyo reciever. Original remotes stored in original shipping bag, with no batteries in them at all. Also all RF-Functions disabled, and I don't have the antenna attached to the receiver either.

Yet I still get this annoying popup as well.

Though still not as annoying as the audio randomly cutting out, requiring a reset to resolve. (Sometimes not so easy to do though since there always seems to be something taping, when I notice the audio issue)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)