722k Unwanted Screen Pop Up

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Not a major issue by any means but every now and then I get this screen to pop up on both my 722k's. Anyone else have this issue? I know what I am watching. Sorry about the quality of the picture but I was in a hurry. Is there a setting in the menu to stop this?:confused:

Attachments

• 100_3526.JPG
    100_3526.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 322
Yep it pops up all by itself. I think I will remove the uhf antenna on both of them. Not using it anyway. Thanks Guys, Very Much! We shall see. That's what the blind man said anyway.:D

Yep it pops up all by itself. I think I will remove the uhf antenna on both of them. Not using it anyway. Thanks Guys, Very Much! We shall see. That's what the blind man said anyway.:D
you should also change your remote address like hifi mentioned. any neighbors that have dish?

No one I know of, maybe across the lake but that would be a stretch!;)

Attachments

• 100_3054.JPG
    100_3054.JPG
    467.3 KB · Views: 183
I thought about that OTA thing, but both receivers and they are on different addresses? Could be I guess. I'll take the antennas off and see what happens. Thanks again.

I've had this happen with 622, 722 and 722k usually when using the TV2 remote. I think there is something "close" in the guts of the remote to another button that registers a press when not actually happening.

I think the issue is caused by the remote. It is firing all by itself on that one issue. Just that one screen. Think about it........Makes sense:confused:

I have a 722 and I have the info screen pop up all the time also. I am using the Logitech 880 remote. I have tried changed the UHF address, removed the UHF antennae, removed the batteries from my UHF remotes, and I still get the pop-up. It is very annoying.

I think the issue is caused by the remote. It is firing all by itself on that one issue. Just that one screen. Think about it........Makes sense:confused:

I am using the all-in-one that came with my Onkyo reciever. Original remotes stored in original shipping bag, with no batteries in them at all. Also all RF-Functions disabled, and I don't have the antenna attached to the receiver either.

Yet I still get this annoying popup as well.

Though still not as annoying as the audio randomly cutting out, requiring a reset to resolve. (Sometimes not so easy to do though since there always seems to be something taping, when I notice the audio issue)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)