722's freezing up for few seconds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

doubletap

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Hi All:

I have two 722's that are freezing up between 4 to 20 seconds. This happens on many channels but not all channels. The video freezes and the audio continues, sometimes, but not always.

This is really strange. Sometimes the video pixelizes as if in rain fade but there is no rain or the prospect of bad weather. Does anyone have any clues before I call dish and tell them:mad:?

Hi All:

I have two 722's that are freezing up between 4 to 20 seconds. This happens on many channels but not all channels. The video freezes and the audio continues, sometimes, but not always.

This is really strange. Sometimes the video pixelizes as if in rain fade but there is no rain or the prospect of bad weather. Does anyone have any clues before I call dish and tell them:mad:?

I have a 622 and yesterday and this morning i experienced the same. Now...i only had this problem with my local channels.....in HD. I checked for a while the National HD channels and did not see the same problem. I was thinking to call E* but I guess i am not the only one...must be a problem with the statellites. I live in the NYC area.

I've been having the same problem and I'm using a 322. I'd say it occurs every 10-20 minutes on every channel it seems. It lasts for maybe 4 seconds.. audio continues.

I have had the same problems with my HD channels only and called dish yesterday and went thru their mtrouble shooting and was told that my dish needes to be adjusted due to slight movement and are sending a repair person on thursday.

A tree is sort of in the direction the dish is pointed.. would that be a cause? My signal in diagnostics still reads: Good, though. Also, I've just noticed that the picture sometimes goes into slow motion when something fast is going on XD It's nuts.

This could be a problem with the hard drive in the unit.

As for the tree, remember the satellite dish is looking at the ski 20 degrees above the perpendicular to the dish rim, so if the tree is right in front of the dish, it is probably not an obstruction. Look up the arm that holds the lnb if the tree is above that, it could be a problem.

This could be a problem with the hard drive in the unit.

Well, in my case, I have a 322. So I don't have a hard drive.. (wait.. would it still have one even if I don't have DVR?)

As for the tree.. I havn't went out and looked that thoroughly. But now that I think of it, it's probably pointed above it.

Hm.. should I just call dishnetwork?

Sorry, I skimmed over the receiver type.

I'd call them and have a tech peak your dish and check the lnb's. If that doesn't fix it the next step is to replace the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts