771/775 issues specific to Genie HR44

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rockstead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Earth
I tried ignoring it but it keeps coming back.
For some reason, it always happens on Sunday evenings.

Only my HR44 is affected, it either shows 775 or 771, but after a reboot, the 771 becomes a 775.

I have tried resetting the power to the 8 port splitter, and restarting the receiver, but nothing works. On its own, it just starts working again at some point, hours or a day later.

Is there anything further you can suggest for troubleshooting or why this would only happen to one receiver? My other HR24 units are fine when this happens.

My dish is a SWM5 SL5.
I have an extra 8 port splitter I could try if you think it's necessary.

Thank you for any help you can provide.?

Too many tuners on your system - what dish/LNB do you have? HR44 is five tuners, HR24s are 2 tuners each....standard SWM LNB only supports 8 tuners.

Faulty cable/connector between the HR44 and the splitter.
Faulty port on the splitter.

Resetting the power to the 8 port splitter ...
Your saying you've reset the Power Inserter ..... correct ?

Tell us what all recvrs are in your system.

Too many tuners on your system - what dish/LNB do you have? HR44 is five tuners, HR24s are 2 tuners each....standard SWM LNB only supports 8 tuners.

Faulty cable/connector between the HR44 and the splitter.
Faulty port on the splitter.

Dish/LNB is a SL5/SWM
I have 1 x HR44, 2 x HR24, on one of the HR24s, I set it to one tuner, so in total I'm using all 8 tuners.

I do have an extra 8 port splitter I could try.
I could also confirm faulty cable/connector by sapping the HR44 with an HR24 in a different room and see what happens.

Resetting the power to the 8 port splitter ...
Your saying you've reset the Power Inserter ..... correct ?

Tell us what all recvrs are in your system.

Just replied on equipment above.

Exactly, I have reset the power inserter so many times and it would not solve the issue, but eventually it resolves after a day or so leaving everything on.

Will the HR24 still use the same 2 tuners even if its set to one? Try unplugging one of the HR24's and then seeing if the HR44 is working then.

Will the HR24 still use the same 2 tuners even if its set to one? Try unplugging one of the HR24's and then seeing if the HR44 is working then.

It happened all throughout winter, and it's the first time that it has not happened in a period of a week since the weather has been warmer.

Is that an indicator that it is an LNB or cable issue? Which is more likely if it improves with the weather?

Could be either, but cable is the more likely. Maybe one of the connectors has a center conductor marginally too short and sometimes it does not make proper contact when it's cold.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)