771 error message

Status
Please reply by conversation.

golfguy18

Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
Omaha
I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but I can't find what I'm looking for in any of the previous threads.
Yesterday a few of the hd channels had a 771 searching for signal message, espn and trutv are two of them that I can think of now. What would happen is the channels would go in and out and then the error message would come up. And now today, they are working great. All the connections seem to good and tight and all the receivers have been reset along with the swim. Any ideas why they were having problems yesterday but work great today?

I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but I can't find what I'm looking for in any of the previous threads.
Yesterday a few of the hd channels had a 771 searching for signal message, espn and trutv are two of them that I can think of now. What would happen is the channels would go in and out and then the error message would come up. And now today, they are working great. All the connections seem to good and tight and all the receivers have been reset along with the swim. Any ideas why they were having problems yesterday but work great today?

Your dish is out if alignment. If its hit and miss and random 771 your barely picking up the HD sats but the SD is working normal I suppose. More than likely if you was to call Directv today they'd send a tech out today considering its Super Bowl Sunday. They always make HSP and O&O markets have techs on call for today and other certain dates.

Btw, what's the signals on the 99 and 103?

as mentioned what is your signal strength levels, hd is on 99 and 103, standard def 101 and some markets you will be seeing 110 and 119. What area are you in, have you had any snow, rain, ice. Maybe snow build up on dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.