Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
Latest version is now 1.4 and it addresses a lot:
Browsing through the Guide and DVR listings while viewing video
Video playback starts quicker
The Guide screen loads quicker
Fixes an issue that caused DVR recordings to be inaccessible for some users
Fixes an issue that caused some users to not be able to connect and view video
Added color coded genre filters to the Guide
Greatly enhanced video quality in High Quality mode on devices that have Android 4.0 and later
Added support for PrimeTime Anytime and the Collapsible Guide for Hopper users

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sm.SlingGuide.Dish

And in related Android news, Google flipped the switch on Play Store "Delta" Updates. This will allow you to only download the changes to apps when they are updated instead of downloading the entire app all over again. Something that will make updates happen faster on our end and will probably make carriers happy that people will be using less data. The best part is that you don't have to do anything take advantage of it. It will just happen the next time you download updates from the Play Store.

He ain't kidding. I just got a prompt on my Droid to update DRA. I downloaded it, opened it, and holy s***! Even on 3G, the thing opens in a flash!

Wow! This thing is much better that the previous versions! It now connects immediately, without the need to tinker with it first. The high quality mode is as clear as i can possibly be on the HTC Rezound ICS. Although I can now see the Prime Time Anytime recordings, the app no longer shows my other DVR recordings. The list comes up blank :-(. Other than that, wow! Finally, this is what the app should have been from the start.

Working great here as well. Pretty impressed and what it should have been from the start :) The UI is pretty fast, connected to my DVR for the first time ever without having to go in and out of a couple menus, and video started pretty quickly as well. Still slow for responding to pause/play, but that's not a huge deal.

-Mike

Mine keeps saying incorrect online id or a new user.

It always worked before

hmmmm

Works great once I figured out my default box was my 211. Once I changed to my 922 I could access my dvr with no issue

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Now if it would be available through the Amazon App store. I just like to keep my environments simple.

Works ok here --much better resolution on my tablet than before. Two problems, though:

- you can now browse your DVD/guide while watching TV. However, if I try to change channels while doing so, the video freezes (sound switches over, though).

- I can't see my ehd -- those recordings aren't visible. I also can't see any timers, skipped recordings, etc. just DVD recordings and PTAT recordings.

(I'm on a hopper, which I suppose is obvious. And a galaxy tab 10.1, updated to ics.

got mine working, The issue was, my auto fillin for some reason did not have the .com on my email address for my user id. I did not even notice it. (feeling pretty stupid right now)

liking it so far, seems to work pretty good. Now if I can get my mini-HDMI port to work then I will be set.

Updated on the kindlefire and it definitely is a big improvement!Smooth and fast.

Works ok here --much better resolution on my tablet than before. Two problems, though:

- you can now browse your DVD/guide while watching TV. However, if I try to change channels while doing so, the video freezes (sound switches over, though).

- I can't see my ehd -- those recordings aren't visible. I also can't see any timers, skipped recordings, etc. just DVD recordings and PTAT recordings.

(I'm on a hopper, which I suppose is obvious. And a galaxy tab 10.1, updated to ics.

Followups. I played with it a bit;

for issue #1, I discovered that if I hit the quality button, the video will sync back up with my choice.

for issue #2 I have no work-around, but an interesting note. When I came home for lunch I looked at my hopper, and the external drive was no longer listed. I detached it and re-attached it, and the hopper discovered it again. Still doesn't appear in the app, tho.

I played with the app from in front of my hopper last night, and when the Sling Adapter fires up, the EHD disconnects.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a BUG.

I played with the app from in front of my hopper last night, and when the Sling Adapter fires up, the EHD disconnects.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a BUG.

Can you please send me a PM with your account or phone number and the software version on the Hopper. LER, just to be clear when on dishonline the EHD does not disconnect, correct? I will get this issue with the DRA app reported ASAP. Thank you!

Can you please send me a PM with your account or phone number and the software version on the Hopper. LER, just to be clear when on dishonline the EHD does not disconnect, correct? I will get this issue with the DRA app reported ASAP. Thank you!
PM with all the gory details sent. Thanks, as always, Mary :)

i got a nexus 7 recently, love it!!

Then got the app and it worked but not great. No DVR for one so i saw we just got an update and its so much better

leaps better than the other build

Well, I tried to use the app again last night. It would show me a guide, although it was the wrong guide (wrong locals). It would not find my DVR. However, when I selected a show from the guide, I could view it (and the sling adapter showed up in the tuner list on my hopper when I did so). Weirdly, while I watched a show, I could not press the "play" button at the top (the other two buttons worked, but the middle one would not respond) so I could not get the pause, ff, etc., buttons.

The display improvements are fabulous, but definitely a work in progress. Makes we sad whenever I see my wife's IPad dish app -- so slick! so much is missing on the droid side... :-(

Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)