8 bay channel master antenna

hdhead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Quick question,

If one were to bend channel master's 8 bay antenna (essentially two four bays connected side by side) into more of a wedge shape, would that widen the off axis pickup ability?

Thanks

hdhead said:
Quick question,

If one were to bend channel master's 8 bay antenna (essentially two four bays connected side by side) into more of a wedge shape, would that widen the off axis pickup ability?

Thanks

Yes, and reduce the gain to that of the cheaper and smaller 4 bay. Is there a reaason that you wouldn't buy the 4 bay in the first place?

Tower Guy said:
Yes, and reduce the gain to that of the cheaper and smaller 4 bay. Is there a reaason that you wouldn't buy the 4 bay in the first place?

I originally had a four bay up there, but switched to the eight bay and got improved gain, but a more narrow pickup. I traded stronger signal levels for a couple channels and am hoping to get all of the channels. If I turn the antenna 10 degrees, I can pickup the other stations, but lose two others.

FYI, I live in 63070, but am down in a valley so I have to pull my locals from Cape Girardeau MO, Carbondale IL and Padukah KY.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)